Session 1: 1:30 – 2:45
Install and Configure VMware Integrated OpenStack
Instructor: Henrik Blixt
VMware integrated OpenStack is one of the easiest OpenStack distributions to install and configure. In this first session you’ll do a (remote) hands-on install of VMware Integrated OpenStack and experience it for yourself. We will also go through the main differences between VMware Integrated OpenStack and other OpenStack distributions, including the benefits as well as the drawbacks.
1. Attendees will gain an understanding of how to install VMware Integrated OpenStack.
2. Attendees will learn about the key benefits of VMware Integrated OpenStack and unique advantages from other OpenStack distributions.
Session 2: 3:00 – 4:15
Advanced Networking with VMware Integrated OpenStack
Instructor: Marcos Hernandez & Xiao Gao
VMware NSX is one of the fastest growing segments at VMware and packed with advanced features. Networking is an important and integral part of OpenStack, but also one of the most complex. Our NSX and OpenStack teams have always been working closely together and the result is a solution that gives you the best of both worlds.
In this session you will gain insight into the key features of NSX, the interaction with Neutron and how it all works in OpenStack. We will cover key areas including, firewalls, load balancers, and micro-segmentation, amongst other items and show how all the pieces fit together.
1. Attendees will gain an understanding of the latest advanced networking features available in VMware Integrated OpenStack and NSX.
2. Attendees will learn how to set up Neutron networking backed by NSX-T
Session 3: 4:30 – 5:30
CSPs deploying VMware Integrated OpenStack for NFV
Instructor: Vanessa Little
CSPs are quickly adopting OpenStack as a standardized platform for designing and deploying their VNFs. However, the complexity of the required networking combined with OpenStack can make this a daunting task. If you are deploying VNFs, VMware Integrated OpenStack, with its VMware SDDC stack and OpenStack APIs, makes your life easier. Learn how to deploy model a VNF, deploy it via an open sourced orchestrator on to VMware Integrated OpenStack with NSX quickly and easily in this lab.
- Attendees will learn how to model and deploy a simple multi-VDU VNF.
- Attendees will learn how to deploy a VNF within a VMware Integrated OpenStack environment using an open sourced orchestrator
- Attendees will learn the benefits of VMware Integrated OpenStack in a Telco network
Session 4: 5:30 – 6:00
Cocktails with the Instructor