Manila is a community-driven project that presents multi-tenant management of file shares (e.g. NFS, CIFS, HDFS) as a core service to OpenStack. It works with a wide variety of storage platforms, and has the capability to provide file-shares to serve existing applications, containers, DevOps environments, departmental shares, and for various other use cases.
In this session, we will provide you with an update and show you demos for some of the exciting new enhancements that the community has been working on, including (but not limited to):
- Optimized migration with snapshots
- Revert to Snapshot
- Mountable Snapshots
- Generic Share Groups
- High availability of the m-api, and m-share services
- IPv6 support
- Concurrency for cloud-scale environments
In this session, attendees will get an update on some of the new and exciting things that the OpenStack Manila community has been working on. We will go through demos, and also discuss some of the upcoming project features and enhancements.
Attendees can expect to learn about Manila’s:
- Improved Snapshot capabilities that now allow end-users to mount or revert to a snapshot.
- How the share migration capability has been improved to support the preservation of snapshots, non-disruptiveness, and more.
- Share groups that enable consistent point-in-time snapshots for a group of shares
- Capability to support concurrent operations on Manila shares in cloud-scale environments
- Recently added drivers
- High availability for the Manila API, and Manila Share services