Please note: All times listed below are in Central Time Zone
Advent of 5G in Telco industry will change the momentum of Telco industry and millions of end users. 5G brings the possibility of virtualizing the Radio Access Network and running in an Edge cloud. Applications that will ride on 5G such as IOT, Augmented reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) will bring additional use cases to host applications at the Edge.
The Telco industry has already started adopting OpenStack for Edge deployment. It is important that OpenStack developers understand the 5G, Radio Access Network (RAN), Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) uses cases to address the Edge requirements.
In this presentation, we will share:
- Workload characteristics and use cases of 5G, RAN, IoT, AR/VR applications.
- RAN virtualization, placement in an Edge cloud by running RAN user and control planes separately.
- Support AR/VR applications by utilizing high bandwidth/low latency content delivery of 5G.
- Edge cloud placement analytics and end-to-end automation of the platform.
- Workload characteristics of 5G, RAN, IoT, AR/VR etc. applications.
- Importantly use cases for OpenStack to host 5G, RAN, IoT, AR/VR applications at the Edge.
- Telco insight into the evolution of 5G applications and impact to OpenStack Edge cloud.