Open Infrastructure Event
The open infrastructure landscape is changing, and so is the Summit. Now that users are integrating dozens of open source tools into a modern stack that reaches well beyond the scope of OpenStack, we’re re-organizing the event to focus on specific problem domains like container infrastructure, edge computing and CI/CD and we are focusing on the hard work of integrating all of these tools developed in disparate communities. This is the essential work of 2018 and beyond, to ensure that open infrastructure is truly a viable path for operators.
Open Infrastructure Event
Join the movement behind the most widely deployed open source cloud platform. Whether you are pursuing a private, hybrid or multi-cloud approach, the OpenStack Summit is the place to network, skill up and plan your cloud strategy.
Naver is the popular web portal, handles the half of all web searches in South Korea and also have a messenger service having a billion users. To process the such large scale users, We has built dozens of dev platform, and have hundreds of engineers working on them. However, due to lack of strict dev rules, each platforms have evolved to have its own web interface and authz/authn. These became a mess and it's a common issue in the big company like us. It would be very convenience for developers if these platforms are integrated as a PaaS providing a seamless web interface and role system. This is what our project 'Pasta' does.
In this topic, we will talk about why we adopt the keystone as a unified role system for non-openstack services and how we make it support huge users. In addition, we will show how we applied the microservice architecture using Netfix Zuul to integrate web interface. we will also share how we integrate Kolla to legacy infra and enable the continuous delivery.
In this talk, attendees can learn followings.
* The problem when keystone is applied to large user sets
* How to enable keystone to support huge users with company providing oauth2
* How X-AUTH-TOKEN flows
* How to adopt keystone as a unified role system for non-openstack leagacy services
* Introduce newly styled openstack web console rather than Horizon.
* How to build the console in microservice architecture using Netflic Zuul to integrate legacy platform's web interface for the efficient development.
* How to make kolla/ansible deployed with zero downtime.
* How to make Kolla fit into legacy infrastructue such as company providing L4 and DB.
* How to continuously deliver openstack using Kolla with own plugins.