Please note: All times listed below are in Central Time Zone
Companies are on longer asking if they should move to the cloud. They’re asking how to migrate to hybrid cloud with OpenStack. A hybrid cloud can offer a company the best of both public and private cloud, meet the requirements such as Cloud bursting, Disaster Recovery, Lifecycle-based Deployment, etc. But not if you slip into one of these pitfalls.
- Visibility: how to manage clouds with a single pane?
- Access Control: how to handle different credentials with security manner?
- Network Connectivity: how to manage network configurations and maintain connectivity across clouds?
- Outage & DR: how to ensure hybrid applications stay up during one cloud outages?
- Audit & Compliance: how to collect audit data and comply with regulations?
Some OpenStack projects/features like tacker, tricircle, freezer, federated identity, sso, etc have collaborated to address these problems. In this session, I’ll share:
- The pitfalls in OpenStack
- What are different teams working on
- Solutions and mitigations
- Existing OpenStack projects and solutions about hybrid cloud.
- Best practice for operators from hybrid cloud point of view.
- Real life use cases of hybrid cloud in China.