Please note: All times listed below are in Central Time Zone
The idea of OpenStack as a vehicle to build, and operate NFV platforms is going mainstream. As it does, it continues to provide impetus to OpenStack ecosystem on numerous fronts. It is truly exciting to imagine the possibilities that open up as developers, users, architects, and operators push the performance, quality, and innovation in the ecosystem.
AT&T and other large service providers are driving efforts to make it possible to push 100 gigabit line rate on software switches, NUMA support among other things.
This session explores how the community as a whole benefits from rising NFV adoption. We then deep dive into DPI, and MEC as NFV use cases.
- Technical overview of NFV related developments, and AT&T's innovations in OpenStack around this.
- NUMA, SR-IOV, DPDK, RDMA - Why do they matter?
- Use-case: Pushing the performance limit to achieve DPI capability on OpenStack.
- Keys attributes of a high performing packet processing path.
- The MEC (Mobile Edge Computing) use case.
The Telecom/NFV track is brought to you by OpenStack and OPNFV.
- Overview about what NFV is and why it matters.
- Technology overview of how NFV ties into overall OpenStack.
- Attendees would learn about DPI and MEC use-case, and how they can get involved in NFV related efforts.