Please note: All times listed below are in Central Time Zone
We at NTT Communications have recently launched the public/hosted private cloud service "Enterprise Cloud 2.0" with OpenStack Juno. Since the main target users are Enterprise users, there were some gaps between the OpenStack community version and what the user wants. To fill in the gaps (e.g. VM is required more reliability, connection with multiple NW gw's needs to be automated), we have designed an architecture with Virtual Machine High Availability (VM-HA) function, specialized virtualized network (ESI, Elastic Service Infrastructure), and developed operation tools, which can scale out the number of cases our operation engineers can handle. We will share the operation design and knowledge to operate OpenStack under this kind of environment, which is multi-tenant and multi-customer. We will also share the shift in thinking from our experience of having operated another Cloud management platform.
- The requirements for an Enterprise public cloud service
- How OpenStack is integrated into NTT Communications Enterprise Cloud
- How Masakari, the VM-HA function in OpenStack, operates
- Experience and challenges of operating a multi-tenant and multi-customer environment with large number of virtual resources
- And how these challenges were solved