1. Membership of User Committee. The User Committee will consist of five members. Beginning with the first election, all members selected to the User Committee shall be Individual Members. A member of the User Committee may cease to be an Individual Member during her or his term, but must be an Individual Member at the time of nomination.
2. Election to User Committee.
(a) The members of the User Committee shall be elected by a vote of the Active User Contributors (“AUC”) using a fair voting method determined by the User Committee. The first election shall be held no later than January 31, 2017. Each User Committee member shall hold the seat for a term not to exceed one year, but may be re-elected to the User Committee. After the initial election, the elections for the User Committee shall be held at least every twelve months.
(b) Upon completion of the election, the User Committee shall give notice to the Board of Directors and the Secretary. The Secretary shall maintain a list of the members of the User Committee. Any member of the User Committee may resign by delivering notice in writing or by electronic transmission to the Secretary. Such resignation shall be effective upon receipt unless it is specified to be effective at some other time or upon the happening of some other event.
(c) In the event of a User Committee election that would result in half or more of the members of the User Committee being Affiliated, the Board of Directors may defer the effective date of office of the newly elected Technical Committee members who are Affiliated for a period not to exceed thirty (30) days after a resolution by the Board of Directors approving such deferral. The Board of Directors must pass such resolution within thirty (30) days of the notice of election results from the Technical Committee. During such period of deferral, the User Committee and the Board of Directors shall work to resolve the issue by agreement among themselves, such as by a resignation of one or more User Committee members or having the Individual Member with the next highest number of votes become a member of the User Committee. If the User Committee and the Board of Directors are not able to agree on a resolution within such thirty (30) day period, the Board of Directors may require another election for such positions.
3. Determination of Active User Contributor.
The definition of an Active User Contributor shall be determined by the User Committee with the support of the AUC WG.
4. Meetings of User Committee. The User Committee shall meet at least quarterly. In person meetings are not necessary. User Committee may use any communication system is available for all members such as IRC.
5. User Committee Process. Except as expressly provided in these Bylaws, the User Committee shall determine its process and procedures, provided that such process and procedures must be published in a manner that they are readily accessible to all Members of the Foundation.
6. On the written request of at least three (3) members of the User Committee, the Board of Directors shall appoint a mediator to assist in the resolution of any dispute or deadlock in the User Committee.