Platform9's mission is to make cloud infrastructure easy for organizations of any scale. The company's service transforms an organization's server infrastructure into an AWS-like agile, self-service cloud within minutes, enabling organizations small or large to run their cloud infrastructure efficiently, at scale, while leveraging the latest open source innovations. Powered by OpenStack and Kubernetes, the service is the industry's first 100% cloud managed platform for KVM, VMware vSphere and Docker. Founded in 2013 by a team of early VMware engineers, Platform9 is backed by Menlo Ventures and Redpoint Ventures and headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, visit: http://www.platform9.com.
Platform9 is bringing three key innovations to OpenStack:
1. Full lifecycle support for OpenStack environment via its OpenStack-As-A-Service deployment model
2. Better support for existing environments, and interoperability of OpenStack with existing tools and scripts
3. Production ready support in OpenStack for virtualization beyond KVM, including VMware vSphere and Docker Containers
With these innovations, Platform9 is helping to make OpenStack successful in many additional customer deployments.
Platform9 will contribute back to the OpenStack project over time.
Platform9 Managed OpenStack is an OpenStack-based cloud service that enables Enterprises to manage their internal server infrastructure as an efficient private cloud.
Key benefits include:
1. Ease of use
2. Supports existing or new environments
3. Single pane across geographies and virtualization platforms
4. Production ready with a built-in SLA
5. Seamless updates