Help OpenStack expand the global footprint
I am an IT technology professional with a passion for community and partnership building.
I'm very fortunate to live in the Silicon Valley area where I obtained a graduate degree in Computer Science, and extensive training in both engineering and business from successful companies such as Sun Microsystems, Oracle, Salesforce.com, Savvis/Centurylink, and now Huawei. For the last 10+ years, I've chosen technology evangelism, partner enablement, and developer empowerment to be the focus of my career. Over the last 5+ years, I've traveled to 30+ countries visiting telco and enterprise partners and customers in EMEA, APAC, and Latin America to discuss ICT and Cloud initiatives, evangelized OpenStack to both enterprise and telco communities, and presented the latest Cloud/OpenStack technologies and business trends at various industry conferences and forums
I formally joined the OpenStack community in July 2015 and I've been a regular speaker for the last 3 summits (Tokyo, Austin, and Barcelona). I have conducted one sponsored keynote, several session presentations, and hosted various panels in the area of telco trends, containers, and community. In 2016, I served as an OpenStack Board Director, participated in various OpenStack work groups, helped organize the 1st OpenStack Days: China event with 3500+ registrants, 2400+ attendees and multiple hackathons/bug smash events in China. With my engineering and business background and training in Enterprise IT and Telco, I would like to continue contributing to the OpenStack community in the following areas:
1. Generate mindshare and increase telco and service provider adoption in OpenStack
2. Bring enterprise and telco customer requirements/perspectives to OpenStack community
3. Enable the global developer and ISV communities to build interesting apps for OpenStack
4. Help woman developers and engineers grow using OpenStack as a platform
5. Help OpenStack embrace diversity and make OpenStack a true global movement
6. Foster more collaboration and partnerships among OpenStack members and various regional communities
I am happy to promote OpenStack wherever that is needed, however, please provide significant amount of lead time since my travel schedule can get crazy at times.