Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers (MSPs), is looking for a Staff Database Reliability Engineer (DRE) to join a rapidly growing team. Learn more at datto.com.
You will be joining the Site Reliability Engineering team, where you will protect, provide for, and progress the software and systems behind Datto’s SaaS Protection services, with an ever-watchful eye on their availability, latency, performance, and capacity.
Who You Are
- You come with new ideas and a unique point of view.
- You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team.
- You eagerly seek and give help.
- You contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
- Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity.
- You put extra attention into details with all you do.
- You care about the work you provide to customers and how it reflects on yourself and Datto.
- When you find or see something wrong, you attempt to resolve it.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will architect and work with development teams to evolve the strategic direction of the SaaS Protection core database platform.
- Work with the Database Engineering team to develop strategies for scaling out large MySQL deployments.
- As a subject matter expert for MySQL, you will play a key role in ensuring database performance, configuration, development, and maintenance as well as identifying continuous improvement opportunities for database services.
- You will have experience in creating, administering, and maintaining large scale, highly available MySQL databases; including capacity planning, infrastructure as code and performance tuning.
- Drive service reliability by developing tooling that enables metric visibility using SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years in a software development or system/database administration role.
- Experience in an SRE or DevOps role.
- Experience operating and maintaining large scale MySQL database clusters.
- Experience with automated deployment/backup/restores of large MySQL datasets.
- Proficiency in Python and/or Go.
- Proficiency in one or more Infrastructure as Code technologies (Ansible, Terraform, Salt, etc).
Datto is the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and security solutions purpose-built for delivery by over 17,000 managed service providers (MSPs), and reaching more than a million small-to-medium businesses. Datto is a leader in the $28B global managed services market, operating at exabyte scale and experiencing rapid year-over-year growth since becoming a public company in 2020.
Datto SaaS Protection is a cloud-to-cloud storage solution that is purpose built for M365 and G-Suite. MSPs know that the shared responsibility model with backing up these applications can save their clients time and money by protecting the data that matters most to them. To date, over 2 million SaaS Protection users are backing up to Datto Private Cloud 24x7x365. In the event of loss, MSPs can quickly recover their clients’ data with one easy to use single pane of glass.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- ...and more!
any, any, US