Cloud Software Engineering in Intel is a dedicated cloud software development organization with strong technical atmosphere, spirit of innovation, and collaborative environment. The organization scope includes networking, storage, IaaS orchestration, cloud native, PaaS, and edge computing etc. Our team members are active and making major contributions in open source programs such as OpenStack, Kubernetes, Ceph, Container Runtimes, Cloud Hypervisor and Service Mesh. We're looking for a senior software architect to lead the definition and architecture design for open source confidential computing software. Your work will leverage Intel security technologies and enables our business partners to deliver solutions that address the ever-growing challenges in protecting data and applications in the cloud computing industry. You will be working with a world class engineering team to deliver the software from design to reality. You will lead and facilitate cross-Intel debate on architecture design, streamline decision making on cloud computing security and isolation software strategy, and provide technical consulting to Intel executives on critical business decisions in your technical expertise domain.
As a cloud native security architect, you will be primarily responsible for:
- Analyzing and understanding security requirements and usage models defined by our business partners
- Leading and working with x-organizational software and platform architects and engineers to shape, define, and document architectures that will enable solutions that leverage Intel security technologies in cloud native software.
- Lead and support architectural reviews and governance processes to ensure alignment with organizational strategies and standards
- Lead and conduct pathfinding and POC engineering activities
- Coordinate with engineering managers and engineering teams in defining deliverables, identifying resources, and analyzing trade-offs to achieve results.
A successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of various Cloud software solution stacks with hands-on knowledge in open source Cloud computing software
- Have experience leading, defining, and developing high quality, large scale software solutions
- Have knowledge of Intel's hardware security technologies and security libraries and be able to articulate the value proposition
- Exhibit a solid understanding of Datacenter software trends and solutions including security, virtualization, containers/FAAS and microservices
- Have working knowledge of data security and privacy standards, i.e., NIST Cybersecurity Framework, GDPR
- Highly proficient in two or more of programming languages such as Rust, Python, Go, and C
- Take ownership and role model working in a collaborative team environment.
- Be highly motivated, passionate about security and the cloud, be inclusive and oriented to results while working effectively across organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal skills