Trilio is a leader in cloud-native data protection for Kubernetes, OpenStack and Red Hat Virtualization environments. Our TrilioVault technology is trusted by cloud infrastructure operators and developers for backup and recovery, migration, and application mobility. Customers in telecom, defense, automotive and financial services leverage TrilioVault to recover from disasters, migrate workloads, move workloads to new infrastructure and migrate to new software distributions.
Trilio has been at the forefront of data protection for open source infrastructure with a platform designed specifically for the cloud and cloud-native applications. The company recently announced TrilioVault for Kubernetes v2.0, including a unique management console for multi-cloud data protection, and was named a Leader and Outperformer by a GigaOm report on Kubernetes Data Protection. Additionally, Trilio announced a $15 million Series B round of funding.
As Trilio is emerging as the leader in OpenStack and Kubernetes markets and setting its sights as a true hybrid cloud enabler for enterprises, we are looking for an engineering leader to lead our high-caliber engineering. If you crave a good challenge, want to work with super-smart people, love complex computer science problems (especially solving them) and nerdy jokes, then you are the right candidate to join Trilio. If you can see all the tiny details that make up the bigger picture, you bring experience to the table but leave your ego at the door; you have excellent product intuition, tremendous customer focus, you are sought after as a manager and leader, Trilio is the right place for you. You will work with a very talented engineering staff who always strive for the best. You will also have the gratification that global Fortune 500 companies and govt agencies use the products you build at Trilio.
- Provide thought leadership and technical strategy for all of engineering – from architecture to application design.
- A hands-on person who does not hesitate to roll up the sleeves if possible.
- Oversee the architecture and product development lifecycle from planning to tactical execution, serving as chief steward and champion in the management of Trilio’s product development framework, technical assets, engineering processes, and software development lifecycle.
- Have a strong interest in cutting-edge technology, like big data, cloud computing, algorithms, and rich web applications.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Deep understanding of the OpenStack project ecosystem and hands-on Openstack development/coding experience
- Excellent understanding of one or more of the popular public clouds, including AWS, Google Cloud, Windows Azure
- Knowledge of compute, network, storage, and virtualization theory, design, and architecture. Domain expert – Storage, Virtualization, Backup, Availability/Disaster Recovery, Cloud Computing, Big Data, and database backups. Knowledge in container technologies such as Dockers, Kubernetes is a huge plus.
- Knowledge in OpenStack or similar cloud platform is highly desirable
- Expert in Linux and KVM internals
- Excellent understanding of cloud storage internals and APIs, including AWS S3
- Excellent understanding of cloud security, including SSL/TLS, digital certificates, encryption technologies
- Expert in distributed systems including message bus such as AMQP (ex: RabbitMQ), zookeeper, and stateless systems
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment.
- Any exposure to open source products and contributions to open source communities is highly desirable.
- Good understanding of DevOps and CD/CI practices in software development.
- Competitive base salary and Annual MBO
- 100% paid medical and dental coverage
- Parental leave
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Stock options
- Paid days off for dedication to volunteerism
- Company outings and team events
- Free snacks, coffee, beer, and wine