Trilio is a leader in cloud-native data protection for Kubernetes, OpenStack and Red Hat Virtualization environments. Our TrilioVault technology is trusted by cloud infrastructure operators and developers for backup and recovery, migration, and application mobility. Customers in telecom, defense, automotive and financial services leverage TrilioVault to recover from disasters, migrate workloads, move workloads to new infrastructure and migrate to new software distributions.
Trilio has been at the forefront of data protection for open source infrastructure with a platform designed specifically for the cloud and cloud-native applications. The company recently announced TrilioVault for Kubernetes v2.0, including a unique management console for multi-cloud data protection, and was named a Leader and Outperformer by a GigaOm report on Kubernetes Data Protection. Additionally, Trilio announced a $15 million Series B round of funding.
As Trilio is emerging as the leader in OpenStack and Kubernetes markets and setting its sights as a true hybrid cloud enabler for enterprises, we are looking for an engineering leader to lead our high-caliber engineering. If you crave a good challenge, want to work with super-smart people, love complex computer science problems (especially solving them) and nerdy jokes then you are the right candidate to join Trilio. If you can see all the tiny details that make up the bigger picture, you bring experience to the table but leave your ego at the door, you have great product intuition, tremendous customer focus, you are sought after as a manager and leader, Trilio is the right place for you. You will work with a very talented engineering staff who always strive for the best. You will also have the gratification that the products you build at Trilio are used by global Fortune 500 companies and govt. agencies.
Amazing People Manager:
- Coach, mentor, and develop Trilio engineers and managers. Set an example to the engineering leadership team.
- Grow the engineering team without compromising the bar for competency and culture fit.
- Effectively use non-core resources including contractors and outsourced development for noncore projects or augment staff as needed.
- Create an organization where people feel valued, are crazy productive, and love their jobs.
- Manage remote engineering teams in India and other parts of the world as if they are local.
- Instill a mindset of curiosity and continuous improvement with a goal to drive faster speed to market at a lower cost.
- Involved heavily in business and product strategy, and responsible for defining and driving the technical strategy for the company.
- Ensure that Trilio engineering goals are aligned with corporate strategy, fully exploiting available technologies, processes & resources.
- Be a member of the “cabinet” that considers major business decisions.
- Contribute to and deliver on a multi-year product roadmap that goes far beyond today’s product portfolio.
- Work hand-in-hand with the CEO, CTO, and Product Management to develop the product roadmap for the company and integrate product designs into the engineering process.
- Deliver “Thought Leading” content via events, blogs, and other outlets.
Flawless Project Manager
- Responsible for the execution and delivery of all Trilio product initiatives from start to finish.
- Maintain and exceed Trilio’s reputation for beautifully simple and easy-to-use business continuity tools
- Create realistic, predictable, dependable deployment plans.
- Work closely with stakeholders to effectively balance aggressive speed-to-market with customer requirements, quality, and scope.
- Communicate status, issues, and risks to the entire company.
- Maintain regular interactions with presales and product management so that the product requirements are aligned with sales.
- Demonstrate a great understanding of agile development methodologies and introduce some of these techniques sensibly to improve the overall team performance.
- Provide thought leadership and technical strategy for all of engineering – from architecture to application design.
- A hands-on person who does not hesitate to roll up the sleeves if possible.
- Oversee the architecture and product development lifecycle from planning to tactical execution, serving as chief steward and champion in the management of Trilio’s product development framework, technical assets, engineering processes, and software development lifecycle.
- Balance long-term investments and vision with short-term product requirements; including when to build vs. buy, or change from one technology to another.
- Have a strong interest in cutting-edge technology; like big data, cloud computing, algorithms, and rich web applications.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong track record of success in a managerial role at fast-paced software, cloud technology-enabled companies that specialize in highly scalable and distributed applications.
- Excellent understanding of one or more of the popular public clouds including AWS, Google Cloud, Windows Azure
- Assembled and managed distributed engineering teams and successfully demonstrated the ability to archive and sustain results over time.
- Proven ability to develop a product from concept to reality.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Domain expert – Storage, Virtualization, Backup, Availability/Disaster Recovery, Cloud Computing, Big Data, and database backups. Knowledge in container technologies such as Dockers, Kubernetes is a huge plus.
- Knowledge in OpenStack or similar cloud platform is highly desirable
- Expert in Linux and KVM internals
- Very good understanding of cloud storage internals and APIs including AWS S3
- Very good understanding of cloud security including SSL/TLS, digital certificates, encryption technologies
- Expert in distributed systems including message bus such as AMQP (ex: RabbitMQ), zookeeper, and stateless systems
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment.
- Any exposure to open source products and contributions to open source communities is highly desirable
- Master’s degree in Computer Science with at least 5 years of experience in managing high-performance teams.
- Good understanding of DevOps and CD/CI practices in software development.
- Setup the organization to build, deploy and operate products in a devops model.
- Competitive base salary and Annual MBO
- 100% paid medical and dental coverage
- Parental leave
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Stock options
- Paid days off for dedication to volunteerism
- Company outings and team events
- Free snacks, coffee, beer, and wine