Whitestack is an ambitious telecom infrastructure provider that builds production-grade solutions, based on commodity hardware, open source software, professional services and carrier-class support.
We develop solutions in three major areas:
- Cloud Computing: Helping datacenters and large companies deploy hyper-scalable (private or public) clouds, in order to provide their own IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service) platform.
- Open & Software Defined Networking: We are a member of Facebook's Telecom Infra Project, where we have the chance to test and implement cutting-edge networking solutions. We provide Telcos and large organizations with a very clear path to SDN
- Network Function Virtualization: We support the Telecom Industry in its path to leverage the benefits of Cloud Computing, by virtualizing the necessary real-time functions on top of x86 hardware, orchestrated by an end-to-end service orchestrator.
Whitestack has technical offices in Santiago and Lima, and presence in Bogotá, Buenos Aires, Ciudad de México and Montevideo.
Whitestack is looking for a talented, motivated and driven Cloud Developer!
What's this position about:
- Immerse yourself in the private cloud world and learn about OpenStack, OSM, OpenNMS and other exciting open-.source leveraged technologies.
- Do your work in a flexible, agile-based workflow.
- Fortify our existing open-source-based products by adding new features and/or execute bugfixes in Python.
- Develop add-hoc solutions/products for our more demanding customers.
- Support our Cloud Integration Engineers whenever they run out of ideas.
Qualifications and requirements
For this position, we are looking for a semi-senior developer, with the following requirements:
- Experience with Linux OS (basic system administration) and Shell scripting (Bash).
- Deep grasp of Python (at least 2-3 years of proven professional or personal experience), or fluent in another similar programming language and willing to "relocate" to Python
- Being able to integrate (adapt/improve/connect) existing open-source code.
- Experience with the following software engineering methodologies: Version Control (git), Continuous Delivery / Integration (desirable).
- Notions of Networking (TCP/IP).
- Good grasp of English (our definition: you google in English).
- Autonomy: Can work on its own without constant micro-management.
- Discipline: Can be trusted to work in a serious and consistent matter (especially considering the possibility of remote work).
In your application, please state explicitly your experience with programming in Python.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with OpenStack.
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- 100% remote.
- Immerse yourself in Cloud Technologies (computing, storage, networking).
- Work with exciting open-source frameworks (Openstack, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Walk-in offices (Lima, soon to be reopened in Santiago).
- Company laptop.
- Co-pay on relevant certifications.
- Satisfying work-life balance.
- Flexible and objective-oriented environment.
- We are currently exploring the company insurance option.
- The technical leaders are technology-minded and hands-on people, not just pushy slave drivers.