As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
A Look Inside The Job
- Operate infrastructure at scale
- Deliver software to do multi-cloud data management and compute as a service
- Evolve quickly to manage our infrastructure from a software perspective
- Deliver frameworks to deploy manage and observe over an exabyte of data across multiple data centers
Does This Describe You:
An experienced Storage and Linux Engineer engineer to help lead:
- Install, configure and maintain Datto's scalable storage clusters and Linux based cloud environments
- Durable block and object storage experience in larger environments (> 100’s of Petabytes) in distributed environments
- Strong background in open source technologies
- Managed Services, hosting, and/or cloud provider background and experience
- Ensure system stability, scalability, security and performance requirements.
- Create and maintain documentation surrounding our infrastructure.
- Automate processes through scripting and configuration management tools such as Salt, Ansible, or Puppet
- Work with Engineering teams across different disciplines to drive the next generation of Datto's Cloud
- 3+ years experience with scalable storage (Examples: Ceph, Swift) and virtualization technologies (Examples: Openstack, KVM), building, managing, and supporting large production environments
- 3+ Years experience with Linux administration
- Experience with networking and routing protocols is ideal (Examples: BGP, OSPF)
- Experience with scripting and system automation (Examples: Python, Bash, etc).
- Experience with orchestration and configuration management tools (Examples: Puppet, Salt, etc)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent IT work experience
- Ability to work independently under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for technology.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills—documentation skills mandatory.
- Good diagnostic expertise including problem investigation, root-cause analysis and resolution skills.
- Strong self-directed work ethic.
- Passion to quickly acquire new skills and thrive in a team-based environment.
- Professional and courteous attitude with attention to customer service.
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Limited travel may be required.
- Off hours support required.