TU Wien is Austria's largest research and educational institution in the fields of technology and natural sciences. More than 4,000 scientists in eight faculties conduct research on "Technology for People" in five main research areas. The content of the offered studies is based on this excellent research. The more than 27,000 students in the 55 studies offered benefit from this. As a driver of innovation, TU Wien strengthens the business location, enables cooperation and contributes to the prosperity of society.
Information Technology Solutions, service unit dataLAB at TU Wien is looking for a committed, creative and innovative personality to support us in the further development of a future-oriented IT portfolio and the establishment of an agile IT delivery organization as well as to strengthen our capabilities as an enabler of digital transformation.
- Be part of a platform team that implements and runs a pre-production private cloud for research and education
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement of our Openstack platform
- Propose, reason and implement architectural design decisions
- Use Infrastructure as Code and help establish a gitOps approach
- Help establish a security first approach
- Achieve observability and instrument deployments accordingly
- Architect the production platform and own it
- Prepare emerging services for long time usage and define Service Level Agreements (SLA) or Service Level Objectives (SLO)
- Several years of experience in relevant roles using modern tech stacks
- Extensive knowledge of Linux admin tooling and hardening
- Good knowledge of at least one cloud stack (Openstack, etc)
- Solid understanding of networking (TCP/IP) and virtualized networks
- Good DevOps hands-on experience, ideally as part of a platform team or services team
- Good knowledge of declarative infrastructure deployments and their design
- Solid knowledge of git
- Knowledge in at least one programming language
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and openly, especially during remote work
- Can-do attitude
- Be a part of a team that designs and implements state of the art technology for research problems in the areas of Data Science, Machine Learning, Interactive Data Exploration and High Performance Computing
- Influence and shape the future of private cloud and OpenStack at TUWAccess to trainings and conferences
- Work in a flat and agile culture
- Own the way you work
- Central location, ideally connected to public transport (U2/U3 Karlsplatz)
- A creative environment in one of the most liveable cities in the world
- Additional benefits for employees can be found at the following link Fringe-Benefit Catalogue of TU Wien
TU Wien is committed to increasing the proportion of women in particular in leadership positions. Female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to women when equally qualified, unless reasons specific to a male applicant tilt the balance in his favour.
People with special needs are equally encouraged to apply. In case of any questions, please contact the confidant for disabled persons at the university, Mr. Gerhard Neustätter ([email protected]
Entry level salary for this position is covered by level Verwendungsgruppe IVA of the Austrian Collective Agreement for university staff, and receives a minimum of currently EUR 2,711.90 month gross (14 times a year) for 40 hours/week. Relevant working experiences may increase the monthly income.
We look forward to your complete application documents by 17.02.2021.