Summary & Role Information:
We offer remote work and flexible working hours. You will enjoy a healthy work-life balance and be part of a diverse workplace culture. Whatever your goals, we want to make sure you reach them.
In this role you will
- design, develop and deploy API-driven compute services powered by Kubernetes, OpenStack and VMware vSphere.
- contribute to different well-known upstream open-source projects and help maintain our own open-source initiatives.
- work in an international team with highly skilled people.
- get the time to understand complex problems in depth so you can get to the bottom of those and provide solid solutions.
Learning is important to us! That is why we support you in constantly learning new technologies.
If you are a system administrator with development experience and you want to take responsibility for the development of compute services in SAP's Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) platform which runs in 15 regions around the world, you could be the perfect match for this job.
Here are some things we have worked on recently:
- Modifying the OpenStack Nova VMware backend to improve the handling with VMs > 1 TB
- Improving the performance of oslo.vmware.
Experience/ Role Requirements:
- Excellent programming skills. Preferred programming language: Python
- Experience in virtualization technologies, e.g. VMware vSphere or KVM
- Benefitial would be knowledge of container technologies like Kubernetes and Linux administration skills
- Benefitial would be experience with public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCE) or OpenStack
- Degree in applied sciences. Preferred field of study: Computer Science or related fields
- Language skills: Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Soft skills: Excellent abstract problem-solving skills, high level of commitment and reliability, good communication skills, understanding the dynamics of communication in open-source projects.
About the Team/ Brand/ Line of Business:
Our team is the heart of SAP Converged Cloud – the unified global Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) platform for SAP products based on Kubernetes and OpenStack. Please find more information about what we are doing on https://github.com/sapcc.