Summary & Role Information:
We offer remote work and flexible working hours. Whatever your goals, we want to make sure you reach them.
In this role you will:
- design, develop and deploy API-driven networking services powered by Kubernetes, OpenStack and enterprise networking gear.
- contribute to different well-known upstream open-source projects and help maintain our own open-source initiatives such as Sonic.
- work in an international team with highly skilled people.
- get the time to understand complex problems in depth so you can get to the bottom of those and provide solid solutions.
Learning is important to us. That is why we support you in constantly learning new technologies.
If you are a Networking Engineer with development experience and you want to take responsibility for the development of networking services in SAP's Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) platform which runs in 15 regions around the world, you could be the perfect match for this job.
Here are some examples of development topics we have been working on recently:
- Implementing L2 OpenStack Driver utilizing SAI/Sonic
- Improving the stability of the OpenStack Neutron l3 Agent backend for Cisco ASR
- Implementing an OpenStack Security Group backend driver for VMware NSX-T.
Experience/ Role Requirements:
- Excellent programming skills. Preferred programming language: Python.
- Experience in enterprise networking gear.
- Benefitial would be knowledge of container technologies like Kubernetes and Linux administration skills.
- Benefitial would be experience with public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCE) or OpenStack.
- Degree in applied sciences. Preferred field of study: Computer Science or related fields.
- Language skills: Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Soft skills: Excellent abstract problem-solving skills, high level of commitment and reliability, good communication skills, understanding the dynamics of communication in open-source projects.
About the Team/ Brand/ Line of Business:
Our team is the heart of SAP Converged Cloud – the unified global Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) platform for SAP products based on Kubernetes and OpenStack. Please find more information about what we are doing on https://github.com/sapcc.