Red Hat, Inc.
McLean, Virginia, US
Washington D.C. Metro, US
SG2 Recruiting is a Red Hat Public Sector Team recruiting partner and we are seeking OpenStack systems engineers and architects to join their growing team creating innovative open source solutions for government clients. Responsible for post sales project delivery and support, you will apply consulting experience, systems engineering and design as well as strong knowledge of relevant IT trends to solve complex problems. Certifications aren't required-- just the technical curiosity and willingness to learn! Your key responsibilities will include:
- Serving as the lead consultant on a large consulting projects utilizing several different technologies to create and architect the solution
- Coordinating architecture and dependencies with other teams in a broad technical context, and demonstrating an understanding of the consequences of technological choices.
- Applying proven industry standards and practices as they relate to projects and solutions led by the architect
- Remaining current on IT trends pertaining to their area of practice (e.g., Agile, DevOps, containerization, microservices)
- Identifying client opportunities spanning multiple technical disciplines.
- Serving as a technical mentor for consultants, providing valuable, timely, and accurate technical leadership by sharing knowledge and best practices associated with Red Hat product stack, including OSes, virtualization, middleware, storage, messaging, and cloud.
- 8+ years experience as a consultant, system architect or implementation lead, operating in a senior capacity in the open source community
- BS degree in computer science, MIS or related field
- You are able to obtain US Government security clearances
- Strong OpenStack deployment and troubleshooting skills with Director, preferably to a code level using Python
- Hands on experience with Puppet, Heat Templates, and Ansible
- Red Hat Satellite 6
- Basic knowledge of Internet Protocol Address (IPA) components
- Ability to support clients throughout DC Metro Area
Desired Qualifications (one or more of the following):
- You have an active TS/SCI clearance with ability to obtain and maintain higher level clearances
- Interest in open source technology and community
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) Certification
- Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) Certification
Similar Job Titles:
- OpenStack Engineer
- OpenStack Cloud Systems Engineer
- Senior OpenStack Deployment Engineer
- Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
EOE / M / F / D / V
Please contact suzie grieco at SG2 recruiting at [email protected] SG2 Recruiting is a Red Hat Public Sector recruiting partner. Qualified candidates would be Red Hat employees.