Notice of meeting to elect Individual Directors
The Annual Meeting of the Individual Members to elect directors for the Board of the OpenStack Foundation shall be held from January 12, 2015 to January 16, 2015, commencing at 00:01 UTC on January 12 and ending at 17:00 UTC on January 16. The meeting will be held by remote communication. While technically a “meeting” according to our bylaws, all of the voting will take place online. If you are an eligible voter, you will receive an email with a link that will allow you to complete your ballot during the time that the election occurs.
In the meantime, nominate OpenStack Foundation Individual Members as candidates for election. The requirements for nominating any individual to run for the Board must be completed and received by the OpenStack Foundation on or prior to 23:00 UTC on December 12, 2014. Nominations Close: 23:00 UTC, December 12, 2014. Polls Open: 00:01 UTC, January 12, 2015. Polls Close: 17:00 UTC, January 16, 2015.
The Foundation Board of Directors is also considering three potential changes to the OpenStack Foundation Bylaws, as a result of the work during the DefCore Committee’s activities. If the proposed amendments are passed at the Board meeting on December 2, they will each be on the ballot in the upcoming election January 12-16, 2015. Read an explanation of the three amendments and the proposed language.
Murano is an OpenStack project that enables application developers and cloud developers to publish applications in a browsable catalog. With the catalog, users can create complex multi-tier application environments with the push of a button using published applications as building blocks.
Cloudbase uses a lot of Intel Next Unit of Computing (NUC) for internal testing and development work. NUCs lack the ability to power them on and off remotely, like higher grade servers do with technologies likeIPMI, AMT, iLO. In pure hacker spirit, Cloudbase invented their own to have some fun. Spoiler alert: it involves Lego.
Lars Kellogg-Stedman has embarked in a fascinating journey: follow his thoughts among the most recent, bleeding edge technologies.
- Converging in the project structure reform
- Proposal to split Neutron into separate repositories
- Paris OpenStack Summit – The Big Tent Casts a Long Shadow
- [Neutron] Stale patches
- [ossg] Introducing Bandit code security analyzer
Deadlines and Development Priorities
- Neutron Spec Proposal Deadline (SPD): Monday 12-8-2014
- Neutron Spec Approval Deadline (SAD): Monday 12-15-2014
- Deprecation of Python 2.6 CI Testing: Nov 30, 2014
- [Nova] Tracking Kilo priorities
- [Neutron][IPv6] Priorities for Kilo?
Tips ‘n Tricks
- By Andy Hill: Operating OpenStack: Monitoring RabbitMQ
- By Maish Saidel-Keesing: Start Contributing to OpenStack – The Easy Way #docker
- By Cloudenablers: Deploying Openstack with Multi-Hypervisor Environment
- By Robert van Leeuwen: OpenStack Operator tool: Novacek
- By Stephane Combaudon: Schema changes in MySQL for OpenStack Trove users
Reports from Previous Events
- Dec 01, 2014 Japan OpenStack User Group Meetup Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, JP
- Dec 02 – 05, 2014 Gartner Data Center Conference Las Vegas, NV
- Dec 02, 2014 With or without OpenStack? Herstal, BE
- Dec 09, 2014 Stockholm OpenStack Meetup Stockholm, Sweden
- Dec 09 – 11, 2014 Bitex 2014 Bahrain, BH
- Dec 11 – 12, 2014 Okinawa Open Days 2014 Naha, Okinawa, JP
- Apr 13 – 14, 2015 OpenStack Live Santa Clara, CA, US
- May 18 – 22, 2015 OpenStack Summit May 2015 Vancouver, BC
- Sep 17, 2015 OpenStack Benelux Conference 2015 Bussum, NL
- Horizon topics during Kilo development summit
- OpenStack Series: Part 16 – Ceph in OpenStack
- OpenStack Users are Ready to Move From Hypervisors
- OpenStack Project Meeting: Summary and full logs.
Ask OpenStack is the go-to destination for OpenStack users. Interesting questions waiting for answers:
- OpenVswitch module not found in SLES 11 SP3 installation
- What is the difference between juju and heat?
- what configuration should be made in neutron during ironic installation
- What is the “share network” in manila? And is it necessary to all drivers?
Welcome New Reviewers, Developers and Core Reviewers
|Cedric Dos Santos||ZhangYang|
|Praveen Kumar||Bharat Kumar Kobagana|
|Bharat Kumar Kobagana||zhu.rong|
|Kai Qiang Wu|
The weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.