OpenStack Havana, the eighth release of the open source software for building public, private, and hybrid clouds, has nearly 400 new features to support software development, managing data and application infrastructure at scale. The OpenStack community continues to attract the best developers and experts in their disciplines with 910 individuals employed by 145 different organizations contributing to the Havana release. Learn all about Havana at the Hong Kong OpenStack Summit
Other news related to the Havana release
- OpenStack Havana: GlusterFS, and what “improved support” really means
- Getting to Havana
- Dell Open Source Ecosystem Digest #32. Issue Highlight: “OpenStack Havana, the 8th release, is out!”
- OpenStack Havana’s stern warning: Provide Differentiated Value or Die
- OpenStack Havana provides foundation for XXaaS you need
- OpenStack Object Storage in the Havana Release
- Havana: OpenStack Continues Its March Toward Dominance
- OpenStack Havana 2013.2 Debian packages available in Sid
Congratulations to the new TC. The following people are elected to one-year seats:
- Monty Taylor
- Russell Bryant
- Anne Gentle
- Mark McLoughlin
- Doug Hellmann
- Sean Dague
The following people are elected to six-month seats:
- James E. Blair
- Michael Still
- John Griffith
- Mark McClain
- Robert Collins
They join Vishvananda Ishaya and Thierry Carrez in the Technical Committee that will oversee the Icehouse release cycle.
Tips ‘n Tricks
- By Lorin Hochstein: Up and running on Rackspace
- By OpenStack in Production: Log handling and dashboards in the CERN cloud
- By Mate Lakat: DevStack virtual appliance for XenServer
- By Kenneth Hui: Cattle Wrangling For Pet Whisperers: Building A Multi-hypervisor OpenStack Cloud
- By Subbu Allamaraju: Monitoring and Alerting for OpenStack
- OpenStack in China 2013 Oct 20, 2013 – Bejing, China Details
- LinuxCon/Cloud Open Europe Oct 21 – 23, 2013 – Edinburgh, Scotland, UK Details
- Cloud Connect Oct 21 – 17, 2013 – Chicago, IL, USA Details
- OpenStack Pune Meetup Oct 23, 2013 – Pune, India Details
- Frankfurt Meetup Oct 24, 2013 – Frankfurt, Germany Details
- Compute Midwest: The Convergence of Tech Oct 25 – 27, 2013 – Kansas City Details
- OpenStack-käyttäjäyhteisön tapaaminen Tampereella Oct 30, 2013 – Tampere, Finland Details
- OpenStack Havana: So many changes, so little time, Oct 29, 2013, online webinar
- USENIX LISA Nov 03 – 08, 2013 – Washington DC, USA Details
- OpenStack User Group Meet-up: Cloud Technology Sharing by Technology Pioneer Nov 04, 2013 – Hong Kong Cyberport Details
- China & Hong Kong User Group Meeting Nov 04, 2013 – Hong Kong, China Details
- OpenStack Summit Nov 05 – 08, 2013 – Hong Kong, China Details
- OW2 Annual Conference Nov 13 – 14, 2013 – Paris, France Details
- INTEROP Nov 20 – 22, 2013 – Mumbai, India Details
- OpenStack Pune Meetup Nov 23, 2013 – Pune, India Details
- Gartner Data Center Conference Dec 09 – 12, 2013 – Las Vegas, NV, USA Details
- OpenStack Israel Dec 09, 2013 – Tel-Aviv, Israel Details
Reports from Previous Events
- Report: OpenStack Meetup, Ahmedabad, India
- OpenStack Networking w/ VMware – Theory Session, Part 2
- OpenStack “What is Core” online meetup 16 10 2014
- Stackforge Libra – Balance your life!
- Announcing Mistral — Task Flow as a Service
- Open Mic Spotlight: Dan Smith
- What’s Up Doc? Oct 2 2013
- Rally Combines the Power of Many Tools to Deliver One Powerful Benchmarking Wizard
- linux.conf.au 2014 OpenStack miniconf
- OpenStack Project Meeting: Summary and full logs.
Welcome New Developers
Is your affiliation correct? Check your profile in the OpenStack Foundation Members Database!
- Erik Redding, Rackspace
- paul luse, Intel (guessed, not declared)
- keshava, None
- Olivier Pilotte, IWeb
- Pavel Sviderski, Belkasoft –no email match with profile
- Jakub Libosvar, Red Hat
- Subbu, VMware
- Chris Hoge, Puppet Labs
- Mitsuru Kanabuchi, NTT (guessed, not declared)
- Jason Derrett, HP –no email match with profile
- Florent Flament, Cloudwatt
Ask OpenStack is the go-to destination for OpenStack users. Interesting questions waiting for answers:
- Is there a Nicira NVP plugin available for Havana?
- How to Upgrade OpenStack from “Grizzly” to “Havana” ?
- Attach volume to instance running on different compute node
- is there any way to register multiple host in a single go?
- Openstack seems to not map internal IPs to local network properly
- avoiding sensitive info in config files
- How to set ssh key during rebuild?
- How to create multiple Instances across multiple Availability Zones
- Where is the documentation for blueprint shelve-instance?
The weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.