Today all Hong Kong Summit Speakers were notified whether or not your submission was accepted for inclusion in the final Summit agenda. If you submitted a talk please check your email now (the email address that you used when you submitted the session). If you do not see a notification email sent from OpenStack please contact [email protected].
The OpenStack Foundation has launched a new Training Marketplace, making it easier to discover and participate in training courses offered by technology providers in the OpenStack ecosystem. Aptira, hastexo, The Linux Foundation, Mirantis, Morphlabs, Piston, Rackspace, Red Hat, SUSE and SwiftStack are the first companies to have courses available in the Marketplace, with the goal of growing the OpenStack talent pool and accelerating the availability of OpenStack training courses worldwide.
Tips ‘n Tricks
- By Anne Gentle: OpenStack DocImpact Flag Walk-through
- By Mirantis: Planning hardware for your OpenStack cluster: the answers to your questions
- By Adam Young: Autoregistering an OpenStack Virtual Machine with FreeIPA
- OpenStack India Day Sep 21, 2013 – Bangalore Details
- CodeChix OpenStack Workshop Sep 22, 2013 – Palo Alto, CA Details
- Hosting & Cloud Transformation Summit Sep 23 – 25, 2013 – Las Vegas, USA Details
- OpenStack on Ales Sep 30 – Oct 01, 2013 – Bend, OR Details
- Open World Forum (Paris) Oct 03 – 05, 2013 – Paris, France Details
- Gartner Symposium/IT Expo North America Oct 06 – 10, 2013 – Orlando, FL, USA Details
- OpenStack in action ! – The Canadian Chapter Oct 08, 2013 – Montreal, Canada Details
- Swift Hackathon Oct 15 – 17, 2013 – Austin, TX Details
- LinuxCon/Cloud Open Europe Oct 21 – 23, 2013 – Edinburgh, Scotland, UK Details
- Cloud Connect Oct 21 – 17, 2013 – Chicago, IL, USA Details
Reports from Previous Events
- Open Mic Spotlight: Christopher Armstrong
- OpenStack Documentation: RTFM is A Good Thing
- OpenStack Project Meeting: skipped this week
Welcome New Developers
Is your affiliation correct? Check your profile in the OpenStack Foundation Members Database!
- Thomas Maddox, Rackspace
- Vitaliy Kolosov, Yahoo!
- Chen Xiao, China
- Chengli XU, Netease
- Vitaly Kostenko, None
- David Xie, Platform Computing
- Keith Burns, Nexus IS
- Dazhao Yu, IBM
- Yves-Gwenael Bourhis, Cloudwatt
- Sahid Orentino Ferdjaoui, Cloudwatt
- Noboru Arai, NEC
- Yair Fried, Red Hat
- Kiyohiro Adachi, NEC
- Ling Gao, IBM
- Leonard Packham, Rackspace
- Jason Smith, Rackspace
- Hart Hoover, Rackspace
- Abhishek Lahiri, Symantec Corporation
- Evgeny Fedoruk, Radware
- Denny Zhang, Unitedstack
- Harri Hämäläinen, CSC – IT Center for Science Ltd.
- Victor Morales, Intel
- Sam Harwell, Rackspace
- Bo Lin, Vmware
- Joe Cropper, IBM
Ask OpenStack is the go-to destination for OpenStack users. Interesting questions waiting for answers:
- What causes “versioning for this project requires either an sdist or an access to an upstream git repository” Exception when running stack.sh?
- How do I enable an instance to access the OpenStack and EC2 APIs on the controller?
- Is Network as a Service completely customizable?
- What items to backup?
- can i use gre tunneling with provider network on quantum ?
- Is there a reason why cinder throws an error on one compute node, but not others?
- An instance couldn’t release its resource(vcpu, rom, etc.) only if it is terminated, and what’s the reason? Could somebody tell me?
- RDO: how to disable remote vnc?
- Why the LXC throughput is so low
The weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.