Want to Make Some News with OpenStack?
We love to support our members' customer, partner and product news announcements that are beneficial for the OpenStack community. If you are issuing a press release or talking to media and would like support from the Foundation, please review the process and requirements below.
We will work as quickly as possible to support your marketing efforts, but we always appreciate an early heads up on your announcements. Given more runway, we may be able to provide additional resources, connect you with press or plug you into OpenStack communication channels to amplify your news.
A few things to keep in mind before we get started:
- As much as we love you, please understand we cannot endorse any one company or product over another.
- The more information and context you can provide about your announcement, the better the quote we can craft and advice we can give to make your announcement shine. :)
- If you’re announcing an OpenStack product, please reference the brand guidelines to make sure your product is properly named and you are using the correct logo. We often catch product naming issues in a press release just before a launch, which can be a scramble for everyone! Contact [email protected] if you have any questions.
Turn up the Volume
The OpenStack community has established communications channels, and we can help promote your news. With notification, you can participate in a variety of channels, including:
- Social Media: Please reference the Editorial Guidelines before submitting. Request promotion from the Foundation’s social media channels by submitting your drafted content to [email protected] at least 48 hours before you would like it shared, including any links or tags that you would like included. The Foundation will determine the appropriate channel for the messaging and may edit the content before posting. Channels include the OpenStack Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Note that during heavy news periods, like Summit months, not all requests will be able to be accommodated in the promotion schedule.
- OpenStack News Page: Submit your news to our online news page. Please reference the Editorial Guidelines before submitting.
- Superuser: If you have customer news or announcements or would like to have a member of your team comment on a specific trending topic, please email [email protected].
- OpenStack Blog: Submit a blog to run on OpenStack.org (please see blog guidelines, as they cannot be commercial in nature.
- OpenStack Summit: Apply for a speaking opportunity at the next OpenStack Summit. Find the most up-to-date information on speaking submission deadlines for the upcoming Summit here.
Press Releases & Quotes
- Please submit your OpenStack announcement at least 5 business days before the release date. Yes, we can work miracles in a shorter amount of time, but it weakens our ability to support your launch! Ideally, you can give us a heads up a few weeks before it’s coming, so we can be prepared.
- If you would like to include a quote from an OpenStack Foundation executive, we appreciate guidance on desired messaging, but will often edit or draft our own quotes.
- Please note that we need the full text of the press release to review and approve. We cannot simply provide a quote or approve a paragraph mentioning OpenStack without seeing the full text of the press release.
- The first reference to OpenStack in your press release should have the ® symbol, with the following text in the footer: “All trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.”
- Please do not include the OpenStack boilerplate, as we do not do participate in joint releases with any one company or organization.
- Please notify us when your press release crosses the wire or blog post goes live.
- Should you want to use a member of the OpenStack Foundation as a spokesperson for your announcement or participate in press or analyst outreach, we are happy to help given availability and nature of the announcement.
- Any member company interested in working with us on press outreach efforts should contact us no later than 2 weeks before the scheduled announcement date to ensure adequate prep time.
- If you are contacted by press organically for comment and want to double check messaging or pull in a Foundation spokesperson, please contact us at [email protected]
We want to support your efforts to promote OpenStack in other ways as well. This may include:
- Joint conference submissions
- Speaking requests
- Video interviews
- Other cool stuff!
To collaborate with us on additional media and promotion opportunities, please contact [email protected].