Icehouse, the 9th release of OpenStack, is out! Thanks to the 1200+ contributors. OpenStack Icehouse
Taking part in the developpement and looking for business.
My Name is Christophe Sauthier, a french guy living in the nice city of Toulouse. Living with my wife and father of 2 beautiful small guys (of course), I am also CEO of a small company that I have funded 4 years ago (Objectif Libre that only deals with Linux Infrastructure). I have been really involved in the Ubuntu community then my life I crossed OpenStack...
I think it is important to have a reflect of the diversity of IT in the board, that reprensent also the small companies (< 10 people) that are in the eosystem...
I have been following the OpenStack community and project since the beggining due to my proximity with some first time developpers/early adopters.
I have been contributing to OpenStack for small patches on the documentation, keystone and tempest.
It is mainly important for me because of the fabulous momentum it is bringging : I see it a bit like one of the very first worldwide technological project (the other one being wikipedia but less technical oriented...) : to be able to gather so many people from so many different countries and so many different companies is just amazing.
And being able to participate in it is just inspiring.
I have been really involved in Ubuntu :
- leader of ubuntu France (probably the biggest Ubuntu community in the world) ofr 6 years
- seated/elected to the loco council (the council that runs the various local community in the world) for 4 years
- being an ubuntu member for 8 (?) years
- being an ubuntu developper for 7 years
Being able to accompany the growth of the ecosystem. It is important to be able to imagine the role and place of the project in the next years.
To be able to expand the ecosystem around OpenStack :
- more people from more countries (without puttinga side smaller ones)
- being able to help all kind of companies to participate (and support) especially to help companies from "small" countries
But also to continue to prove that Open Source can be used in real world company on cutting edge technologies !
Christophe has already been nominated by: