I am interested in OpenStack becoming the number one Open Source Cloud OS
Alex Freedland is the co-founder and CEO of Mirantis, the largest independent company focusing on delivering pure-play OpenStack to the customers worldwide.
Under Alex's leadership, Mirantis has become the contributor to OpenStack and is the only private company amongst Top-10 contributors.
Mirantis is also laser-focused on making customers (large and small) adopt OpenStack at scale. With that in mind, we have also pioneered such projects as Fuel (the point and click installer), Rally (a popular framework for scalability testing of OpenStack), Sahara (the orchstrator for Hadoop distributions running on top of OpenStack), Murano (an intuitive way to automate workload orchestration on top of OpenStack and the project behind the Foundation Application Catalog) and Stackalytics.
Prior to starting Mirantis, Alex have co-founded several other businesses, some of which are operating today and some have successfully exited.
I lead Mirantis, the company 100% dedicated to OpenStack. In addition to the contributions and large marketing efforts around OpenStack, every year I meet with dozens of senior IT leaders to evangelize OpenStack and its role of being the only Open alternative to public Clouds.
I have been an OpenStack Foundation Board member for two years and currently serve the Chairman of the Finance Committee.
The Board's role is critical in three aspects:
1. Defining and explaing the mission of OpenStack. The mission continues to evolve and Board's timely understanding of the changing Cloud Computing landsccape is critical for the ecosystem success
2. Governance and Protection -- the Board ensures transparent governance of the OpenStack ecosystem, whcih is the key to the diversity of the stakeholders embracing OpenStack, IP and trademark protection.
3. Marketing and Promotion -- ensuring that OpenStack message is widely heard around the Globe.
In 2016, the top-3 priorities should be
1. Promotion and explanation of the new mission that OpenStack launched in Tokyo.
2. Expanding collaboration with other ecosystems to ensure OpenStack's acceptance by the Container, NFV and other inustry movements.
3. Encourage healthy merit-based competition of ideas for the best projects to become part of OpenStack.
Alex has already been nominated by: