Icehouse, the 9th release of OpenStack, is out! Thanks to the 1200+ contributors. OpenStack Icehouse
building and operating IaaS
Charles Derrick is a proven hands-on leader that brings extensive experience and record of achievement in the design, development, and deployment of quality networking solutions for emerging technologies.
His current consulting assignments include: performing investigative research, knowledge transfer, and infrastructure deployment in the following areas of Cloud Computing:
• Virtualization (OpenStack and VMware environments)
• Public, Private, Hybrid (Cloud Bursting), and Migration.
• post-Relational Database Management Systems (Cassandra and Hadoop Stack)
• IT Operations Management including: Asset Mgt, Configuration & Change Mgt, SLA Performance Monitoring, Capacity Monitoring & Metering, Incident/Event Status Monitoring.
Previously, Charles Derrick served as:
• Tango Network's Chief Product Development Officer, heading the Engineering & Operations organization.
• VP of Engineering & Operations for Cyneta Networks (acquired by Inet Technologies in 2004).
• VP of Engineering at IPmobile (acquired by Cisco in 2000).
• Executive positions at Nortel Networks including: VP of BWA, Dir. CDMA Product Development, Sr. Mgr. Cellular Systems Development, and Manager of Data Transport Systems.
• Engineering positions at IBM, Hitachi, and NCR.
He holds a BS and MS in Computer Science from the University of South Carolina.