Board of Directors nominations are now open. Nominate an Individual Member of the OpenStack Foundation. Nominate
For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
We are Cisco's Research and Advanced Development team. We consist of a small team of top technologists, and a small number of people who help support them. Together, we perform advanced work in Internet standards, develop technologies to enable new markets or expand existing ones. We provide leadership and content to multiple corporate technology architectures, work with University researchers and top open source developers worldwide with the single mission of driving customer-relevant technology innovation into Cisco products by developing that innovation, or connecting innovators internally or externally to Cisco product teams.
We are looking for a senior software engineer, a technical leader to lead design and development of software projects in Cisco R&AD. The ideal candidate provides a demonstrated ability to manage projects with minimal supervision, driving a cross-functional team and leveraging technical knowledge and project management experience. Responsible for providing technical consultation and leadership in the design and development efforts of complex engineering projects. Responsible for leading technical decisions required on a project. Responsible for technical content of design reviews and code walkthroughs. Helps engineers find ways to attack new or difficult problems. Develops or consults on internal training programs. Establishes well-defined technical direction and aligns the direction with that of Cisco. Required skills and experience include:
• Extensive hands on experience in core design and development of server side Internet and/or enterprise systems and applications as well as development of web interfaces with ajax. Strong commitment to technical excellence.
• Ability to conceive and design architectural solutions based on a variety of technologies and platforms including distributed systems management, network management, storage systems, web services and service oriented architectures.
• Excellent OS level skills, preferably Linux, networking, I/O and device drivers a plus.
• Demonstrated deep technical knowledge across the entire software stack, including: system management, distributed systems, OS, network management, highly scalable and available enterprise software, and network or storage virtualization.
• MS CS or equivalent, min 6 years core development in Java, GUI toolkits or RDBMS componentry. SDN and related a plus. Excellent communication skills.
- instructions to apply: apply online