Sr. OpenStack/Virtualization Engineer
- Work with Yahoo! OpenStack architecture team to deploy OpenStack and Virtualization at Yahoo!.
- Assist with the development of automated OpenStack/KVM deployment solutions and distribution services.
- Support and interact with customers through a combination of ticket, IM, phone and in person.
- Troubleshoot OpenStack/KVM environments to resolve virtualization related issues.
- Perform configuration quality checks on all virtual devices.
- Establish monitoring for OpenStack services.
- Work with the OpenStack community to address technical issues.
- At least five years of Unix systems admin experience in a large production Unix environment, RedHat preferred.
- Solid network experience working with TCP/IP, VLAN's, routing, etc. Exposure to firewalls, DNS and or load balancers would be ideal.
- Some practical experience in implementing, operating and troubleshooting the following:
Hypervisor configuration (KVM, XenServer, etc) (required)
OpenStack (should be familiar)
- A passion for virtualization technology and open cloud standards.
- Experience in a role where good attention to detail was clearly demonstrated.
- Motivated self-starter, who can complete work with minimal supervision.
- Able to multi-task and remain effective under pressure.
- Proven strong verbal and written communication, with colleagues and customers.
- Willing to participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.