Sr. Software Engineer
Join the elite engineering team powering the RightScale Multi Cloud Management solution.
Do you want to solve complex problems in the across clouds? Interested in high volume, high availability distributed systems? Are you passionate about architecture, a self-starter, strong communicator and a highly skilled software engineer? If yes, apply now!
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Actively participate in an agile software development life-cycle, decomposing requirements, documenting and discussing the design, estimation and implementation, being a strong communicator is imperative.
· You are going to have to be able to understand existing architectures and the associated technologies, having a solid computer science grounding with relevant experience is definitely a requirement.
· Design, implement and troubleshoot multi-layered, SOA structured, cloud-based software application in Ruby on Rails framework
· As part of the software development life-cycle, your expected contributions will be : requirement and risk/benefit analysis, effort estimation, acceptance testing, and implementation.
· Performance tuning and MySQL queries for massive, high-availability deployments.
· Proficiency in Unix-like environment for development, staging and deployment of software.
· Developer rapid prototypes and participate in pair programming.
· Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication
· Contribute to the knowledge base, Wiki and other RightScale resources to help build the best customer experience
· Ability to quickly triage problems, determine root cause and drive resolution
· Work closely with the team to ensure that all company and personal goals are met or exceeded.
The position requires a Technical Background and Experience that includes:
· B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
· 8+ years of hands-on software development experience
· Experience with network programming
· Experience with API design (SOAP, REST)
· Experience with relational databases
· Experience with security technologies (SSL, Authentication)
· Experience with a scripting language (Perl, PHP, Ruby, Python)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
· Experienced in model-view-controller web frameworks
· Must be comfortable developing for and on Linux environments
· Experience with Ruby
· Experience with Ruby-on-Rails.
· Familiarity with NoSQL databases.
· Experience in designing & developing scalable, distributed, multi-threaded applications
· Prior experience with Amazon EC2/S3 or other cloud service providers is a plus