EVault, A Seagate Company, is a fast-growing industry leader in network-based data backup and recovery solutions. We’ve been providing data protection and professional-grade storage solutions to small and mid-size businesses since 1997. Our technology platform is stable, secure, and optimized for WAN data transfer, and our recovery capabilities are ultra-reliable. We back it all with a rock-solid data center infrastructure and the industry's highest quality customer service, while encouraging innovation and creativity by providing a casual and friendly work environment.
EVault is led by a team of storage industry veterans with a compelling vision and a proven track record. We also benefit from the backing and expertise of our parent company, Seagate—the largest storage company in the world.
We are seeking a Sr. SQA Engineer with the following:
• Design test plans, write test cases, review functional requirement documentation, and present test strategies for team review
• Submit, regress, and verify defects (Greybox/Whitebox)
• Be part of the Agile Team – attend scrums, sprint planning / backlog reviews - communicate project / testing status to internal and external teams in a timely fashion
• Perform debugging and root cause analysis of product failures or defects
• Produce quality test code (C++/Java/C and scripting) to cover and qualify with functional / load and integrated test cases
• Design and Develop test automation framework & test tools for your feature areas
• Write automated test cases to ensure the adequate coverage for fixes and regression-free deliverables
• Do code review sessions with peers.
• Identify and adopt new testing methodologies, best practices, and tools from appropriate sources, to improve test coverage
• Be proactive and exercise flexibility and multi-tasking ability in an event filled environment
• Fully understand the internal and external software processes / system dependencies
• 6-7 years experience in Software QA(whitebox and greybox) with focus on testing backend server and web applications/ system bases components. No UI or GUI testing.
• Strong in skills debugging, troubleshooting and problem solving
• Knowledge of Internet/Web-serving QA Methodologies
• Experience writing Functional Test/ Component Tests/ Integrated Test/ Load Testing and understand different testing theories, methodologies, analysis and tools
• 5+ years of recent Linux/Unix Internals Knowledge/ Unix System Experience: command-line usage, shell scripting, environment control, system utilities, analysis of system resources
• Proficient in Test Planning and test case designing/writing and execution against C++ and Java code.
• Ability to code in C/C++/Java and run debugger against the code in order to pinpoint / isolate any issues in core system and all other interdependencies / components. (understand sockets and threads)
• Knowledge / Background in running stress and performance tests
• Proficient in testing and debugging in large scale distributed systems / high performance/ multi-thread environment
• Ability to write scripts in Perl, Python or Shell for creating test tools and automation
• Writing and verbal skills in English are required for this position.
• Hands on knowledge in writing/running cppunit/junit/valgrind
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Master preferred.
• Excellent QA principles for testing, planning, and defect classification
• Analytical problem solving and passion for quality and excellent testing aptitude
• Experience working with remote development staff and QA teams
• Strong Java coding/testing knowledge
• Experience with or knowledge of any QA tools
To get your resume in front of the decision maker, click here: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?cj=o8G7WfwB&s=OpenStack