At Metacloud, we provide private cloud services for enterprise organizations. Our engineering team has real-world operational experience found nowhere else in the private cloud services sector. Our experts deliver the Metacloud software stack, built on the OpenStack standard, customized to our client’s workflows, installed on their hardware, and safe behind their firewalls. Our client’s simply consume compute and depend on our cloud experts for 24/7 remote support.
As an early-stage start-up, Metacloud is looking for a talented and experienced Solutions Architect to join our sales organization as our technical subject matter expert for cloud solutions. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, the Solutions Architect is the sales team’s technical lead during all requirements gathering sessions, requirements analysis and solutions design meetings, and final client presentations. This is a rare opportunity to enter the exploding world of cloud IaaS solutions in a role instrumental to increasing our sales and market penetration in the enterprise private cloud space.
In this multi-faceted role, the Solutions Architect, will be responsible for:
- ● Working within our core Enterprise Sales Team as the cloud solutions subject matter expert (SME).
- ● Playing an integral role during client requirements gathering sessions, solutions architecture and design, and proposal preparation.
- ● Contributing to documentation in support of the sales cycle, post-sales support, and client feedback/feature requests.
- ● Delivering passionate, persuasive, strategic, and technically appropriate, solutions to our client’s perceived technical impediments paving a path to “closing the deal.”
- ● “Deep diving” into the OpenStack platform, Metacloud’s enhanced software platform, and Metacloud’s customized cloud solutions.
- ● Developing a knowledge base of our competitors, their current and planned services or solutions, and relative technical strengths and weaknesses.
- ● Communicating Metacloud’s technical message to our current and potential clients in a manner appropriate to the target audience (e.g., business executives, senior information technology experts, etc.).
- ● Participating in interview training, shadow interviewing, employee development events, and candidate prospecting activities as we continue to seek extraordinary talent.
- ● Join and contribute to the communities and foundations that support our chosen open-source technologies and platforms. How you provide support will be dictated by your own interests, abilities, and personal passions.
- ● Having fun, loving what you do, and supporting a transparent and open work environment.
- ● Bachelor’s degree in CS... nice to have but... we’ll focus on what you know right now, what you have accomplished, where you shine, and how your current and future goals mesh with ours.
- ● 5-7 years as a technology leader for complex, infrastructure-related, enterprise-level solutions. Pre-sales engineering experience is preferred, however, we will consider highly-qualified candidates with either hands-on operational experience and/or professional services experience supporting infrastructure solutions.
- ● 3-5 years of specific experience in high-availability (HA), fully-virtualized, and highly-automated systems operations.
- ● 1-3 years experience with Linux systems engineering.
- ● Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) are essential to this role.
- ● Knowledge of standard documentation used in support of the sales cycle (e.g., RFI/RFQ responses, solutions proposals, current-state/future-state diagrams, platform descriptions, competitive summaries, etc.) would be highly-regarded.
- ● The ideal candidate would have a broad knowledge of enterprise virtualization solutions (e.g., VMWare’s V-Center, V-Director, Site Recovery Manager, Microsoft’s Hyper-V, open-source solutions such as KVM, etc.).
- ● Prior experience with cloud IaaS solutions is a plus. Specific exposure to the OpenStack platform would be very highly-regarded.
- ● Prior experience working in a start-up operation is strongly desired but not required. We need people who know how to work independently and make things happen.
- ● You have to be able to “play nice with others.” Metacloud seeks extraordinary minds, talent, and abilities, but not at the expense of our company culture and the tranquility of our employees and workplace.