About the Group
The OpenStack Engineering team is a small group of passionate Engineers in the Cloud Infrastructure Group working closely with other Yahoo! teams by providing them infrastructure on demand using open source OpenStack. Yahoo is one of the largest scale users of OpenStack and has a growing presence in the community and contributions. We primarily develop in Python and work with QE to make sure we deliver a reliable service and work with performance teams to run various benchmarks to ensure high scalability.
OpenStack Backend Internship
This role is with the back-end development team in the OpenStack engineering team and involves core functionality, APIs, and application logic. You may work on new features, extending and maintaining OpenStack capabilities, improving source code coverage by implementing unit and functional tests, improving reliability or improving scalability and performance. Other typical projects are integrating with partners and prototyping new ideas.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Working towards a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related major
- Backend or server and client software development experience
- Some experience with Python or similar programming language
- Strong Object Oriented design skills and proficiency in either Python or Java
- Solid understanding of the software development process
- Development experience in an Unix/Linux environment
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
Preferable Job Qualifications
- Understanding of multi-threaded programming, systems level tweaking and debugging
- Experience with Python and/or Shell scripts.
- Working with Agile/Scrum methodology.