If you are a talented developer who seeks responsibility, thrives when empowered, and understands the importance of personal accountability, then we would like to talk with you. As a member of the SoftLayer team, you have the opportunity to directly impact the continued success of the company. We strive to make SoftLayer a place where you want to be – a place where you are proud to work, and where you are motivated to produce the best results possible.
The Product Application Development team is challenged with identifying, designing, and developing products and services that will advance our business to the next level. We build the most innovative systems in the industry using the latest technology to deliver creative solutions for our customers.
We are looking for a software engineer that has experience in Object Oriented (OO) development and agile programming. You will be challenged to design and develop scalable, highly available, and advanced Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) products and services leveraging a wide variety of open source and commercial technologies.
• Design, develop, and maintain innovative, company and industry impacting IaaS products and services leveraging OpenStack and other latest technologies
• Create highly scalable and performant RESTful web services
• Design and develop integration strategies for open source and commercial technologies
• Take ownership and manage projects that vary in size and scope depending on requirements
• 5+ years of experience in software development
• Demonstrated desire to innovate and develop new technology
• Demonstrated knowledge of OpenStack and Python programming is required
• Working knowledge of C/C++, Java or C# is a plus
• Understanding of OO design principles
• Understanding of SQL – Oracle, MySQL, or PostgreSQL
• Experience with a version control system – Git preferred
• A self-starter with a positive attitude and willingness to drive projects to completion in a fast moving environment
Additional Technical Qualifications:
• Experience in a wide variety of web technologies
• Experience with Linux systems
• Experience in scripting
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, and/or demonstrated industry experience on similar successful projects