Here at Workiva, the customer comes first! We do everything we can to ensure that experience rings true for both our external and internal customers. Playing a critical role within our Web Development team, we work hand-in-hand with interdepartmental teams to ensure that our website resources are representing our product and are people the best we can.
What You'll Do:
- Develop high value customer facing websites and applications using open source technologies (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Drupal, etc).
- Be agile. Manage your own time, and work independently and as part of a team.
- Be pragmatic. Work with the team to come up with new solutions to interesting technology and workflow problems.
- Be a craftsman. Write great code and beautiful front-ends using peer code reviews, pair programming, quality assurance, and coding standards.
- Continuously Improve. Focus on improving both you and your team’s skills, knowledge and expertise.
What You'll Need:
- B.A./B.S. degree required in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer/Software Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience
- PHP preferred but accept other server side language - such as Java, .net, python, etc.
- Understanding of query language (SQL) Relational databases
- 2 years of experience with a high level language, such as PHP, Ruby, Java, .NET, etc.
- Hands on experience developing a web-based application
- Basic knowledge of the LINUX, UNIX or Mac OSX command line
- Basic knowledge of sharing code via source control (Git, SVN, Hg)
- Strong understanding of PHP preferred
- Experience with MySQL preferred
- Knowledge of the latest and greatest web standards, including HTML5 and CSS3 preferred
- Experience working with a CMS preferred
- Experience with an agile team, XP, pair programming, etc.
- Experience with Drupal preferred
- Experience with TDD
- Experience with LESS / SASS
- Experience with NodeJS
- Having one or more public commits for review on GitHub
- Having a portfolio of example websites