Virtual Bridges is a leader in the VDI space, and is now emerging as the
primary DaaS solution for OpenStack. This high-profile team will lead the
OpenStack development efforts, which will include design and porting of the
existing VDI product to meet the challenges of next generation BYOD
solutions. We are looking for OpenStack software engineers to join our
dynamic and fast paced environment as we create and deploy cutting edge
technology to the community and to our customers.
For this role you will be working as a lead development engineer
responsible for the creation of Virtual Bridges OpenStack-based Cloud
offering. This is a great opportunity to join a new software development
team in the field of Cloud R&D and work with the OpenStack Community.
· Actively participates in the software development lifecycle, which
includes R&D, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse and
maintenance of software products.
· Designs and develops major functional or performance enhancements for
existing products, or produces new software products or tools.
· Contribute and lead design and scheduling discussions.
· Lead, participate, and enjoy engaging in spirited brainstorming sessions.
· Bug fixing against existing code, Unit and Integration testing.
Skills and Experience:
· 3 Years+ experience of software development
· An interest in working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-impact
· Excellent communication skills, with written and oral communication
skills in English
· Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals
· Experience with Python critical. Juju and Java is a plus.
· Experience with enterprise integration including SOA, REST, Web Services
& SQL Server.
· Appropriate knowledge and experience with Linux systems
· Experience with OpenStack open source development is a plus.
· Familiarity with storage, networking, and server virtualization
· Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies and rapid prototyping
· Prior experience working with the open source community is a plus
· Experience with source code control systems and processes
· Minimal travel may be required for customer and community facing
· BSc Computer Science, BEng Software Engineering or equivalent experience
· Jon Senger at 512.810.9529 or email@example.com