Icehouse, the 9th release of OpenStack, is out! Thanks to the 1200+ contributors. OpenStack Icehouse
OpenStack is a collection of open source technologies delivering a massively scalable cloud operating system. It is one of the fastest growing open source projects in the industry. People involved with OpenStack are solving some of the most pressing problems in our industry such as how to scale cloud services to meet the growing opportunity to deliver compute, networking and storage infrastructure as a service. Rackspace is one of the leading sponsors of OpenStack and we are actively building teams to work as OpenStack contributors.
Ideal candidates are passionate advocates of technology and open source. We're looking for people who don't just use these these tools and services, but people that write them. It is one thing to start a virtual machine on a host, it is another to have the curiosity to read the source code and figure out how it all works. We are looking to balance the "been there, done that" with the "why can't we do it that way?" mentality of thinking. The ability to challenge assumptions and conventions is important.
More about the Rackspace Cloud:
Do you want to be part of creating the next generation of computing? Rackspace Cloud is the leading innovator in cloud computing, and we are defined by Fanatical Supportnot just for our clients, but for our team. Rackers have the freedom to do great work, and the challenge of using their skill and ambition to drive the future of the Web. Rackspace Cloud provides on-demand scalable website, application, and storage hosting. We enable developers and business decision-makers to avoid the hassles and costs of dedicated hardware while offering the infinite scalability of the Cloud.
- Performs product design activities which may require extensive research and analysis
- Performs implementation and maintenance of multiple product modules/sub-systems
- Performs bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products
- Researches problems discovered by QA or product support and develop solutions to the problems
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5+ years experience designing and writing cutting edge software
- Internet and operating system security fundamentals
- Extensive knowledge with massively scalable systems
- Linux operating system/application development desirable
- Programming in Python. Bonus if you have worked in multiple languages like C, Java, or Ruby.
- Experience with virtualization, preferably on multiple hypervisors
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Comfortable working in open source communities and interacting across mailing lists, IRC and other distributed communications systems
Rackspace, a world leader in hosting delivers enterprise-level managed hosting, cloud hosting, and e-mail hosting services to businesses of all types and sizes globally. Today we serve thousands of customers from data centers around the world. Rackspace integrates the industry's best technologies and practices for each customer's specific needs delivering it as a service via the company's commitment to Fanatical Support®. We serve as an extension of our customers' IT departments enabling them to focus on their core business. Rackspace was founded in 1998 and since then has had significant growth year after year. There are now over 4,000 Rackers employed worldwide dedicated to providing customers our premier hosting services.
Rackspace Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Type of Job(-US Only) 0