Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Development of a long-range technology roadmap and architecture in all relevant operational technology domains to deliver Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) capabilities, working with relevant stakeholders.
- Development of technology standards for IaaS in each of the relevant technology domains which comprises a list of products that are approved for enterprise deployment, as well as life-cycle view of these products. Development of governance process and standards review. This includes tool due diligence, requirements gathering, deployment and process inception.
- Development of a technology life-cycle for delivering IaaS platforms, by which products are introduced into the environment as needed, and ushered out of the environment as their support and currency becomes problematic, and as their relevancy becomes problematic vs. newer products or releases.
- Approval of the above roadmap, architecture, standards, life-cycle, etc., via an appropriately cross-functional Ops Standards Council.
- Publication of the above roadmap, architecture, standards, life-cycle, etc. via the Standards Management Team.
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture and Product Development to create an IaaS architecture that provides self-service infrastructure capabilities that support the short and long term needs of PayPal applications and providing appropriate availability, scalability and total cost of ownership.
- Solid knowledge of operations architecture, current product capabilities, technology directions, theory, frameworks and industry best practices, with a keen appreciation of associated benefits and practical limitations.
- Current knowledge of IaaS technologies and architectures, including: technologies for virtualization of compute, storage and network; technologies for service portal development, orchestration, and resource pool management
- Experience delivering IaaS solutions with either open source or commercial technologies
- Experience with OpenStack is desired
- Excellent hands on technical skill and related experience.
- Excellent project management experience with strong planning, organizational, decision-making and problem-solving skills necessary to establish standards and implement complex plans.
- Strong negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Proven ability to respond to and work in a stressful environment.
- Good understanding of IaaS strategies.
- Effective executive communications skills - the ability to bi-directionally communicate with different people at the appropriate technical and business level for the situation.
- Strong relationship skills - actively build bridges and break down barriers between their org/function to other parts of the organization and external resources. In particular, this should go beyond their own personal relationships with their peers to also fostering teaming at lower levels.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Information Technology in large multinational organizations.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in either architecture or standards, or in performance/capacity management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with virtualization technologies
- Minimum 2 years of experience with IaaS technologies
- Previous experience in a high transaction, highly available .com business preferably in the financial services industry.
- Relevant professional certification is preferable, but not mandatory.
- Undergraduate degree (BS) in Computer Science or related discipline is strongly desired.
PayPal is the faster, safer way to pay and get paid online. The service allows people to send money without sharing financial information, with the flexibility to pay using their account balances, bank accounts, credit cards or promotional financing. With 106 million active accounts in 190 markets and 25 currencies around the world, PayPal enables global ecommerce.
More information about our other exciting positions can be found athttps://www.jobs.ebaycareers.com.
eBay companies are proudly EEOC compliant.