Mirantis has more experience delivering OpenStack clouds to more customers than any other company. We build the infrastructure that makes OpenStack work. We are profitable, have strong investors, and ample cash reserves. We are proud to be Founding sponsors of OpenStack, and to serve on the OpenStack Foundation Board.
What Linux was to open source and operating systems, OpenStack is to cloud computing. It makes programmable infrastructure vendor-neutral and frictionless to access, not to mention it unlocks distributed applications and accelerates innovation. It transforms virtualization from an efficiency to a whole new compute paradigm.
If you’re an ambitious software engineer or systems architect and thrive on getting tough, real- world problems solved with a smart, motivated team, you want to work here.
• A good listener who enjoys standing in front of a group to inspire them with what you know?
• Get as much satisfaction in making other people successful as solving those problems yourself?
• Have a knack for explaining complex technical subjects?
• Inspired by the success of Open Source technologies and want be in the front seat of disruptive transformation?
We’ll teach you what you need to know, building your own knowledge and experience. Then you’ll meet first-hand the developers and SysAdmins who are taking cloud computing to the next level with the world’s leading open source cloud orchestration environment.
• Collaborate actively in developing & maintaining technical training content, lab exercises, presentations, and accompanying materials, evolving to a leadership role
• Deliver instructor-led classroom training to end-user customers and partners on a regular schedule in US and abroad.
• Work with internal stakeholders to develop and maintain accurate, effective training content.
• 3-5 years or more of hands-on experience in programming, systems architecture or systems administration in a production environment
• Excellent oral presentation skills, interpersonal communication, and writing skills
• Experience conducting classroom training for related technology products and services
• A strong “stage presence” and ability to manage a classroom of adult learners
• Strong abilities in Linux administration and deployment, including maintenance and debugging
• Recent experience with architecting, deploying, and operating Internet scale applications
• Coding experience in one or more of the following languages: Ruby, Perl, PHP, Python, Java or .Net.
• Experience with Windows and Linux at the command line.
• Experience with managing and monitoring systems and applications in a virtualized environment
• Solid understanding and communications abilities of IP networking down to the VLAN level
• Self-sufficient, self-starter with proven success taking ownership of training projects.
• Ability to travel globally, 30%-to-50%.
• Experience with committing and working from Open Source repositories
• Experience designing and developing instructor-led content with technical subject matter content.
• Facility and efficiency developing, delivering, and iterating presentation content
• Provided helpdesk support to technical users debugging problems with Unix-based or virtualized-systems
• Native or near-native command of English (require only minimal proofreading)
• Hands-on experience with IP Networking, VMware, Amazon EC2, Solaris a plus
• BS in Computer Science or Education, related fields with appropriate experience in technology
What We Offer
• Work in the Bay Area with established leaders in their industry
• Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues
• Build large scale, innovative systems for mission-critical use
• High-energy atmosphere of a young company, competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options
• Lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth