Symantec’s Cloud Platform Engineering is looking for star coders to build the foundation of all of Symantec’s product cloud services. You should be comfortable learning, evaluating, and deploying new technologies. You will be working with open source technologies, and in some cases contributing code back to the communities. Our services are deployed in an OpenStack environment, and so you will be integrating your services into, and in some cases contributing source code back to, the OpenStack ecosystem. You thrive in true-agile, highly paced, production facing environment. You have a low tolerance for mediocrity. You love to write code and build great stuff. Cloud Platform Engineers get it done.
• Excellent understanding of the cloud computing domain and technologies.
• Experience deploying, using, and/or contributing to the OpenStack environment and OpenStack projects such as Keystone, Nova, Swift, Cinder, Neutron, Ceilometer, Marconi, etc. strongly desired.
• Experience with Open Source frameworks (e.g., CloudFoundry, OpenShift, Hadoop).
• Experience with open source development tools and methodologies
• Experience in building high-availability (HA) production-grade solutions in virtualized environments.
• Successfully developed for large scale distributed systems and reliable, fault tolerant software.
• IaaS, PaaS, XaaS, Virtualization, Storage, and Server platforms; relevant practical work experience designing, building, and/or operation cloud environments
• Understanding of and practical experience with the principles of designing and building production quality REST APIs.
• 'A' years of professional engineering and coding experience using agile methodologies (e.g., SCRUM, Java, Python, PHP).
• Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills, particularly in both production and non-production networks.
• Experience with messaging solutions (e.g., ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ).
• Practical experience with Linux/Unix system administration and troubleshooting.
• Experience in the design/build/maintenance/refactor of large scale low latency high performance systems
• Ability to quickly learn and develop expertise in highly complex existing applications and architectures
• Extensive knowledge with high volume distributed application development in an XaaS environment
• Strong analytic, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills a must.
• Exceptional ability and motivation to solve problems and learn fast.
• Must be able to perform at a high level within a technical team
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Excellent communication and relationship skills
• Distributed team collaboration
• Experience with Python Web frameworks a strong plus.
• Active contributor to open source. Contribution to OpenStack a strong plus.
• A GitHub account with some cool projects in it.
• Hands on with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB, CouchDB, Riak, etc.
• TDD proponent.
• Track record of building large scale systems from scratch.
OpenStack (Grizzly, Havana, Icehouse, Nova, Swift, Ceph, Cinder, Neutron)
Python (desired) or other object oriented language (e.g. Java, .NET)
scalability, observability, performance, monitoring, deployment, automation
REST, RESTful, API, cloud services, web services, Django,
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.