VMware is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is interested in joining our OpenStack software team. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of a core team that will work on highly collaborative software development process. This software engineer will participate in many innovative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a fast paced and technically driven environment. You’ll be part of a bright engineering team that has an open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success culture.
• Strong coding skills in Python, with emphasis on writing modular, scalable code.
• Capable of architecting complex software solutions.
• Experience working with Opensource or a similar cloud infrastructure platform is desirable.
• Communication skills for a highly collaborative software development process.
• Experience working in large-scale systems is a strong plus.
• Experience with layer-2, layer-3 and/or layer-4 network protocols and technologies.
• Experience with and interesting in Open Source software communities.
• Familiarity with API web service design.
• Ability to write tutorials/documentation and give presentations to customers/partners.
• Excellent verbal communication, analytical skill and critical thinking.
• Participate with small team to work on OpenStack cloud infrastructure software platform.
• Strong passion for developing new software that is scalable.
• Work with product managers to ensure usability of the product.
• Strong ability to influence others and build consensus using good written and verbal communication skills and customer facing skills
• Developing visioning skills and ability to see the big picture
• Communicate with all stakeholders and team members and provide updates perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
A Computer Science or related undergraduate and/or master’s degree is required. Any other demonstrated high technology aptitude is desired.
To apply please contact Peter Hayward firstname.lastname@example.org