Senior Software Developer Cloud Technology (m/f) ***You develop the TelekomCloud***
Location: Berlin – Bonn - Darmstadt, Germany
Job ID 2012PI-5119
Here at Products & Innovation, we develop and manage innovative and competitive products, services and business models to promote Deutsche Telekom's successful market image. We provide customer guidance, simplicity, an excellent usage experience, a high-end product portfolio, and sustainable efficiency. As well as an in-depth understanding of our markets and customers, we also bring an entrepreneurial spirit, coupled with innovativeness and technological expertise, to our collaboration with Group colleagues.
In order to achieve our corporate vision of "connected life and work," we are looking for inquisitive, creative colleagues from a variety of professional backgrounds to join our successful team.
The Cloud Services business unit is building a cloud infrastructure and refining our software architecture in order to operate the cloud infrastructure, cloud services and cloud applications using open source technologies. We are looking for the following individuals at our Darmstadt, Bonn and Berlin sites to help advance our cloud services, the platform, and the conception and implementation of mechanisms to support security and operational reliability:
Senior Cloud Technology Software Developer (m/f) ***You develop the TelekomCloud***
The cloud. Are you itching to work on the thing everyone is talking about? The Cloud Services business unit has an opening for you to get involved in this exciting future topic. The TelekomCloud is looking for new recruits with a passion for dynamic new concepts and a desire to help shape the future of Deutsche Telekom who are not afraid to tackle challenges head-on. We need inquisitive, creative colleagues with a wide range of skills to join our successful team. Get away from entrenched structures – work in a young, dynamic team with flat hierarchies, where you can make your mark on the hot new topics of "TelekomCloud" and "Business Marketplace".
Your tasks ("OnJob"):
• You are part of a team which continuously refines and shapes the software platform for our cloud infrastructure, whilst implementing and improving cloud services
• You work in a team with agile development methodologies (Scrum).
• This Cloud Development team is looking for an experienced Senior Cloud
Technology Developer (m/f) to plan and execute the advanced development
of the software platform.
• You make extensive use of open source tools and systems, test and configure
them as required, and where necessary help to refine them.
• In this connection, you collaborate with the communities, and understand the
current direction of development and, where applicable, influence this yourself
to reflect our needs
• Development is aimed primarily at supporting smooth operation in a fast-
growing cloud environment. The main emphasis is on operational reliability, security mechanisms and authorization concepts, automation (e.g. with the commissioning of infrastructure or applications), optimization (e.g. with regard to power consumption), monitoring, configuration management and troubleshooting.
• There is also a focus on standard cloud services which serve as a platform for applications.
• You collaborate closely with the Cloud Operations team, responsible for ensuring operation of the cloud infrastructure and applications in the data center.
• You also collaborate closely with the Technical Partner Management team and support its engineers with the integration and backup of applications
Your profile ("OnProfile"):
• A degree in informatics or a comparable qualification in a technical subject/natural sciences/mathematics, plus professional experience in the field of Linux system-based development
• Excellent knowledge of system tools (network, storage, system administration, monitoring etc.) in Enterprise Linux, plus an overview of corresponding hardware technologies.
• An excellent knowledge of script languages (bash, perl, python, ruby ...) and a good knowledge of high-level languages (C, Java etc.)
• Your are familiar with the LAMP +Java stack
• You have worked with and contributed to many open source projects
• You are familiar with high availability concepts and ideally have experience in
setting up open source high availability solutions.
• Ideally you have professional experience of agile methodologies (Scrum).
• A proven track-record in the virtualization sector; ideally experience of (open
source) cloud platforms
• You enjoy working with new technologies and helping them to reach maturity
• You are open-minded and enjoy working with your colleagues and other
individuals from the open source community.
• A good command of written and spoken English.
• On a personal level, you have an impressively fast grasp of complex facts and
are quick to understand the critical points.
• You understand the requirements associated with the corporate use of
software and love testing out new technologies and assessing their quality, and advancing them to corporate standard where applicable. You are happy to share your knowledge and are gifted at explaining things clearly.
• You have a target- and result-focused approach, and are accustomed to bringing projects to a successful conclusion under difficult framework conditions, whilst observing the applicable requirements.
• You have a high degree of creativity and exceptional problem-solving abilities.
• You are highly motivated.
Please send us your complete application stating your salary expectations and earliest possible start date, preferably via our Job Exchange or as an application folder, to:
Deutsche Telekom AG, Products & Innovation Human Resources
Ms. Annette Reichardt
Postfach 10 11 52
64211 Darmstadt . Germany
Should you have any further questions, Ms. Annette Reichardt will be happy to assist you on +49 (0)6151/680-8246.
In the case of equal qualification, disabled candidates will be given preferential consideration.