As an early-stage start-up, Metacloud offers a fantastic opportunity for a talented Python software engineer who has a deep knowledge of the Django framework. At Metacloud, we provide services and solutions for Private Clouds as a Service (i.e., a cloud infrastructure built on your hardware, behind your firewall, with utilization managed by your own people). As part of our highly-customized enterprise solutions, we are looking for a senior python engineer/lead who will drive the development of products which will provide our clients with unprecedented control and insight into the utilization of their cloud environment.
In this multi-faceted role, the Senior Python Engineer will be responsible for:
- ● Working side-by-side in a truly collaborative manner with our cloud architecture, operations, sales, marketing, and executive leadership team to provide best in class user application solutions, services, and customer support.
- ● Collaborating with your peers in the Engineering group to ensure that our solutions and services meet and exceed our client's expectations and achieve our rigorous quality standards.
- ● Taking the technical leadership role designing cloud management and analytics products as enhancements to the Metacloud Cloud Stack (built on the OpenStack platform).
- ● Join and contribute to the communities and foundations that support our chosen open-source technologies and platforms (i.e., Python, Django, OpenStack). How you provide support will be dictated by your own interests, abilities, and personal passions.
- ● As an employee of Metacloud, you are officially part of Metacloud's staffing team! You will participate in interview training, shadow interviewing, employee development events, job fairs, and conferences. We firmly believe that great people seek opportunities to work with others who are smart, interesting, passionate, and work well with the team. We will ask you to help us make that true.
- ● You will be required to have fun, love what you do, and support a transparent and open work environment.
- ● Bachelor's degree in CS... nice to have but... we'll focus on what you know right now, what you have accomplished, where you shine, and how your current and future goals mesh with ours.
- ● 3-5 years as a Python programmer. Expertise in Python is a prerequisite for consideration for this role as OpenStack is built on Python and the standard dashboards and user-centric interfaces (i.e., Horizon) are built on the Django application framework.
- ● 2-3 years with hands-on application development of highly customized Django applications.
- ● Our customized applications are aimed at knowledge experts in infrastructure, virtualization, IT resource management and configuration management, so having prior experience with infrastructure management is a significant plus.
- ● Specific experience with a cloud platform not required.
- ● Prior experience working in a start-up operation is strongly desired but not required. Ultimately, we need people who know how to work independently and make things happen.
- ● Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- ● The ability to demonstrate a high degree of passion for your craft is a requirement. Our on-staff experts love what they do, are continuous learners, anxious to take on new challenges, and mindful of best practices to ensure optimal service.
- ● You have to be able to “play nice with others.” Metacloud seeks extraordinary minds, talent, and abilities, but not at the expense of our company culture and the tranquility of our employees and workplace.