Nicira is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is interested in joining our OpenStack software team. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of a core team that will work on highly collaborative software development process. This software engineer will participate in many innovative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a fast paced and technically driven environment. Youll be part of a bright engineering team that has an open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success culture.
Strong coding skills in Python, with emphasis on writing modular, scalable code.
* Capable of architecting complex software solutions.
* Experience working with Opensource or a similar cloud infrastructure platform is desirable.
* Communication skills for a highly collaborative software development process.
* Desired Skills:
Experience working in large-scale systems is a strong plus.
* Experience with layer-2, layer-3 and/or layer-4 network protocols and technologies.
* Experience with and interesting in Open Source software communities.
* Familiarity with API web service design.
* Ability to write tutorials/documentation and give presentations to customers/partners.
* Excellent verbal communication, analytical skill and critical thinking.
Participate with small team to work on OpenStack cloud infrastructure software platform.
* Strong passion for developing new software that is scalable.
* Work with product managers to ensure usability of the product.
* Strong ability to influence others and build consensus using good written and verbal communication skills and customer facing skills
* Developing visioning skills and ability to see the big picture
* Communicate with all stakeholders and team members and provide updates perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
A Computer Science or related undergraduate and/or masters degree is required. Any other demonstrated high technology aptitude is desired.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive and attractive compensation package, which includes a base salary, pre-ipo stock, and excellent medical benefits.
How to Apply: