Senior Engineer Cloud Storage (m/f) ***TelekomCloud goes openstack***
Location: Berlin – Bonn - Darmstadt, Germany
Job ID 2012PI-5127
Here at Products & Innovation, we develop and manage innovative and competitive products, services and business models to promote Deutsche Telekom's successful market image. We provide customer guidance, simplicity, an excellent usage experience, a high-end product portfolio, and sustainable efficiency. As well as an in-depth understanding of our markets and customers, we also bring an entrepreneurial spirit, coupled with innovativeness and technological expertise, to our collaboration with Group colleagues.
In order to achieve our corporate vision of "connected life and work," we are looking for inquisitive, creative colleagues from a variety of professional backgrounds to join our successful team.
The Cloud Services business unit is building a cloud infrastructure and refining our software architecture in order to operate the cloud infrastructure, cloud services and cloud applications using open source technologies. We are looking for the following individuals at our Darmstadt, Bonn and Berlin sites to help advance our cloud services, the platform, and the conception and implementation of mechanisms to support security and operational reliability:
Senior Engineer Cloud Storage (m/f) ***TelekomCloud goes openstack***
The cloud. Are you itching to work on the thing everyone is talking about? The Cloud Services business unit has an opening for you to get involved in this exciting future topic. The TelekomCloud is looking for new recruits with a passion for dynamic new concepts and a desire to help shape the future of Deutsche Telekom who are not afraid to tackle challenges head-on. We need inquisitive, creative colleagues with a wide range of skills to join our successful team. Get away from entrenched structures – work in a young, dynamic team with flat hierarchies, and make your mark on the hot new topics of "TelekomCloud" and "Business Marketplace".
• You are part of a team which continuously refines and shapes the software platform for our cloud infrastructure, while implementing and improving cloud services
• To this end, you work in a team with agile development methodologies (Scrum).
• Our Cloud Development team is looking for an experienced Cloud Storage Engineer (m/f) to take charge of data storage in a cloud infrastructure.
• The team makes extensive use of open source tools and systems, tests and configures them as required, and where necessary helps to refine them. It also collaborates with the communities. Your role will entail analyzing the storage technologies and identifying the potential of up-and-coming new technologies at configuration and implementation level, and assessing their usability for the cloud platform. You define processes, concepts and usage scenarios with regard to data storage for the platform's software development and the applications that run on it. You also document the technologies selected for productive operation.
• Development of the cloud software platform is aimed primarily at supporting smooth operation in a fast-growing cloud environment. The main emphasis here is on operational reliability, security mechanisms, stability and automation (e.g. with the commissioning of infrastructure or applications), optimization (e.g. with regard to memory or power consumption), monitoring, configuration management and troubleshooting.
• The team also focuses on standard cloud services which serve as a platform for applications.
• You collaborate closely with the Cloud Operations team, responsible for ensuring operation of the cloud infrastructure and applications in the data center. In the event of storage technology-related incidents, you assist with the analysis and problem-solving process.
You profile ("OnProfile"):
• A degree in informatics or a comparable qualification in a technical subject or natural sciences/mathematics plus professional experience
• Excellent knowledge of system tools (network analysis, firewall, storage, system administration, monitoring, authentication etc.) in Enterprise Linux plus an overview of corresponding hardware technologies.
• Extensive experience of storage management / digital asset management in complex data center infrastructures
• An understanding of storage hardware concepts (housings, racks, hard disks, RAID etc.) and storage applications (SAN, NAS etc.)
• Experience of distributed / clustered file systems such as GlusterFS, CEPH FS, HDFS, RedHat GFS and storage protocols such as NFS, CIFS, iSCSI
• Experience of storage replication, snapshots,, mirroring and backups
• Experience of transparent hard disk or file system encryption
• Extensive experience of Linux system administration (Ubuntu, RedHat etc.);
particularly in relation to storage systems
• Experience of network applications and systems
• Experience of cloud storage solutions in the SaaS, IaaS and PaaS concepts
environment (Amazon S3, EBS, Amazon bulk data import etc.)
• A good working knowledge of script languages (bash, perl, python, ruby ...)
and high-level languages (C, Java etc.)
• Your are familiar with the LAMP stack
• You have experience of open source-based storage technologies. Ideally you have already worked with open source projects.
• You would ideally have professional experience of agile methodologies (Scrum).
• A proven track record in the virtualization sector; ideally experience of (open source) cloud platforms and the cloud management system openstack
• A good command of written and spoken English.
• You enjoy analyzing new technologies in terms of data storage, and are adept
at helping them to achieve maturity and usability on the cloud platform
• You are open-minded and enjoy working with your colleagues and other
individuals from the open source community.
On a personal level, you have an impressively fast grasp of complex facts and are quick to understand the critical points. You understand the requirements associated with the corporate use of software and love testing out new technologies and assessing their usability, and advancing them to corporate standard where applicable. You are happy to share your knowledge and are gifted at explaining things clearly.
You have a target- and result-focused approach, and are accustomed to bringing projects to a successful conclusion under difficult framework conditions, whilst observing the applicable requirements. You have a high degree of creativity and exceptional problem-solving abilities. You are highly motivated.
Please send us your complete application stating your salary expectations and earliest possible start date, preferably via our Job Exchange or as an application folder, to:
Deutsche Telekom AG, Products & Innovation Human Resources
Ms. Annette Reichardt
Postfach 10 11 52
64211 Darmstadt . Germany
Should you have any further questions, Ms. Annette Reichardt will be happy to assist you on +49 (0)6151/680-8246.
In the case of equal qualification, disabled candidates will be given preferential consideration.