We are actively recruiting for Cloud Engineers to be part of a new service offering to assist our enterprise clients with building and deploying the OpenStack platform for private clouds.
Although we are headquartered in Boston, our clients are located across the US. We welcome candidates interested in working remotely from any US location, as long as you are able to travel to client locations at least 50%.
This is a unique career opportunity to be part a team delivering cutting edge and strategic service offerings assisting enterprise clients in the architecture, deployment and management of OpenStack-based private clouds. Utilizing our unique approach, you will work with team of Senior Cloud Architects and other Cloud Engineers to architect, optimize and integrate the OpenStack platform efficiently into a client’s environment, and educate the client to become self-sufficient in operationalizing the platform.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Hands-on experience with OpenStack
- Familiarity with other infrastructure cloud products — CloudStack, Eucalyptus, VMware vCloud suite, etc.
- 3-5 years of experience with cloud platforms, virtualization technologies and with deployment and configuration
- management tools
- 7+ years systems engineering experience in Linux administration and deployment
- Scripting and automation experience (must be fluent with at least one: Ruby, Python, Perl, Bash)
- Proven expertise with configuration management tools such as Puppet or Chef
- Passionate about open-source software development and contributions to open source projects
- Strong team skills including the ability to lead and be a team player
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communications skills
- Ability to travel to client locations up to 50%+
- Sense of humor a requirement!
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- BS degree in software engineering, IT, business or related fields
- Strong object oriented programming skills in Python a plus
- Strong understanding of the SDLC and software development methodologies such as Agile
- Understanding of Layer 2 (Ethernet) and Layer 3 (IP) networking concepts and practice
- Familiarity with fundamentals of software defined networking (SDN)
- Familiarity with modern storage protocols
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies such as KVM and Xen
- Ability to build comprehensive test suites that can be part of a continuous integration lab
- Strong understanding of service-oriented-architectures (web focused) and distributed computing
- Strong knowledge of automation and familiarity with principles of queuing systems a plus