RightScale Program Manager, Req. # 431
Join the elite engineering team powering the RightScale Multi Cloud Management solution.
Do you want to solve complex problems in the across clouds? Interested in high volume, high availability distributed systems? Are you passionate about architecture, a self-starter, strong communicator and a highly skilled Program Manager? If yes, apply now!
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Demonstrate solid understanding of key projects/initiatives within program, ensure delivery of project requirements.
· Demonstrate solid understanding and communication of goals/strategies of projects/program to the team.
· Develop subject matter expertise for project/program.
· Develop appropriately detailed project/program plans that minimize the amount of unplanned activities and allow team members to effectively schedule their work
· Monitor and document accurate status of projects, projects within program(s), or external projects that have dependencies
· Identify and track major milestones for project or key projects in program(s)
· Identify, track, prioritize and drive resolution of project/program level issues, leveraging lessons learned from prior experience and work to address and mitigate systemic issues
· Identify project/program risks and develop risk mitigation techniques to minimize issues.
· Organize and facilitate backlog grooming, sprint and release planning and retrospectives
· Track and communicate team velocity, sprint/release progress, impediments
· Maintain progress documentation on the wiki
· Ensure that our development lifecycle meets our “compliance statements”.
· Empower the team to self-organize
The position requires a Technical Background and Experience that includes:
· Experience as a scrum master
· Some background in programming languages
· CSM and / or PMP certification a plus
· Thorough understanding of agile methodologies, values, and procedures
· Thorough understanding of the traditional waterfall product development lifecycle
· Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· Good communication skills
· BS/BA degree in a technical field required.
· B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or 5-7 years of relevant experience.