Mirantis has more experience delivering OpenStack clouds to more customers than any other company. We build the infrastructure that makes OpenStack work. We are profitable, have strong investors, and ample cash reserves. We are proud to be Founding sponsors of OpenStack, and to serve on the OpenStack Foundation Board.
What Linux was to open source and operating systems, OpenStack is to cloud computing. It makes programmable infrastructure vendor-neutral and frictionless to access, not to mention it unlocks distributed applications and accelerates innovation. It transforms virtualization from an efficiency to a whole new compute paradigm.
If you’re an ambitious software engineer or systems architect and thrive on getting tough, real-world problems solved with a smart, motivated team, you want to work here. Our team is driven by deep engineering skills and a love of cutting-edge projects. We need creative, disciplined software engineers and architects driven by solving problems with thoroughness and determination: from requirements analysis, technical architecture design, and application virtualization approaches, along with the collaborative skills to enable teams to successfully work through development, testing, and deployment.
• Design and lead implementation of PaaS solutions for private clouds;
• Create, evaluate and select design options;
• Work with customers to understand and set project goals;
• Lead definition of scope and requirements;
• Create technical proposals and white papers for discussion with decision makers;
• Oversee project execution usually carried out by remote engineering teams;
• Develop personal relationships with executives, engineering teams and customers.
Desired Skills & Experience Must-have
• BA or MS in Computer Science or related;
• Excellent understanding of cloud computing domain, key players and technologies;
• Successful track record of building distributed systems and reliable, fault tolerant software;
• Experience of building HA production-grade solutions on virtualized environment;
• In-depth understanding of software development process, DevOps and CI/CD. Passion and on-hands experience in automation;
• Solid knowledge of Java and Python;
• Hands-on experience with Open Source PaaS frameworks: CloudFoundry, Cloudify, OpenShift;
• Experience with messaging – ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ or similar;
• Good knowledge of MySQL or PostgreSQL and applicable HA solutions;
• Practical experience with Linux/Unix system administration and troubleshooting;
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills;
• Good interpersonal communication skills.
• Hands-on experience working with at least some of the key Open Source data processing technologies: Hadoop, Cassandra, Solr, MongoDB, Riak, CouchDB, Voldemort;
• Experience of working with large Hadoop deployments: provisioning, maintenance, monitoring, issue resolution;
• Knowledge of caching solutions – Memcached, Redis;
• Knowledge of Puppet or Chef.
What We Offer· Work in the Bay Area with established leaders in their industry· Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues· Build large scale, innovative systems for mission-critical use· High-energy atmosphere of a young company, competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options· Lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth http://www.mirantis.com/careers/