The Dell Cloud business, part of the rapidly growing Dell Services Organization is establishing a new OpenStack Cloud development team. This high-profile team will lead OpenStack development for Dell globally and will be based in the Dell Cloud R&D Centre in Cherrywood. We are looking for outstanding Software Engineering Team Leaders to join a vibrant team creating the very latest Cloud technologies.
This critical role requires exceptional leadership, development and design skills combined with a strong background and passionate interest in Cloud computing. You will be leading a sprint development team responsible for the creation of Dell's OpenStack-based Cloud platforms.
· Leading the development process, planning sprints, prioritizing the sprint backlog and eliminating obstacles that prevent the team from achieving their goals.
· Active participation in the software development lifecycle, which includes R&D, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse and maintenance of software products.
· Designing and developing major functional or performance enhancements for existing products, or produces new software products or tools.
· Contribute to design and scheduling discussions and report status in SCRUM stand-ups.
· Bug fixing against existing code, Unit and Integration testing.
Skills and Experience:
· 10 Years+ experience of software development
· An interest in working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-impact environment
· Excellent communication skills, with written and oral communication skills in English
· Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals
· Appropriate experience with high-level languages such as Java and Python
· Experience with enterprise integration including SOA, REST, Web Services & SQL Server.
· Appropriate knowledge and experience with Linux systems
· Experience with Cloud platform development.
· OpenStack open source development experience is a plus.
· Familiarity with storage, networking, and server virtualization
· Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies and rapid prototyping
· Prior experience working with the open source community is a plus
· Experience with source code control systems and processes
· May need to travel for workshops and team meetings
· Minimum BSc/MS in Computer Science or related engineering field or equivalent.
· Katie Moore on +353 12044805 or email Katie_Moore@DELL.com