As a key member of the OpenStack team, you will be working in a collaborative, nimble environment to design and develop solutions based on OpenStack for one of the largest private cloud in this world. OpenStack engineering is an emerging initiative at Walmart eCommerce focused on working with the OpenStack community to create game changing open source cloud infrastructure. This is an excellent opportunity to become a key contributor to OpenStack projects, while creating the next generation of private cloud.
You love open source software, despite its quirks. You are the kind of person who thirst for innovation, obsess with software scalability, and have an innate desire to grow your career by using your technical prowess to achieve clear business objectives. You are a problem solver who knows how to leverage cloud technologies and systems architecture and integrate them like a pro. You are a social person who is comfortable extracting technical requirements from business-focused conversations to evangelizing Walmart eCommerce in the OpenStack community. You thrive in high-growth, fast-paced environments and want to actually make a difference with your work. You believe Python is the only language that will survive in this universe post 2040. Lastly, you fear no code.
- Deep development and enhancement of OpenStack components [Networking, MySQL and RabbitMQ].
- Participate in product design activities which may require extensive research and analysis of OpenStack and/or other competing products/solutions.
- Research problems and develop solutions for issues discovered by our Operations teams.
- Research bugs and submit bug reports to our internal teams or upstream OpenStack projects.
- Work on projects to optimize, upgrade and enhance current cloud deployments while minimizing customer impact.
- Deep understanding of the OpenStack project ecosystem.
- Understanding of client-server and cloud computing architectures.
- Enjoy working with new technologies and helping them to reach maturity.
- Passion for learning and the flexibility to work with rapidly changing technology.
- Comfortable working in open source communities and interacting across mailing lists, IRC and other distributed communications systems.
- Experience supporting large scale, highly available, production Linux environments.
- Knowledge of Linux and common Linux applications (Kernel tuning, iptables, MySQL, RabbitMQ, HAproxy, Keepalived, Apache).
- Knowledge networking concepts and administration (TCP/IP, routing, switching, VLANs, GRE, Openvswitch, Load balancing).
- Proficiency with scripting and development (bash, perl, python, git).
- Working knowledge of a configuration management framework (chef, puppet, ansible, etc).
- Advanced Python development skills.
- Bachelor s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science and 6 years experience in information technology or 10 of IT experience plus 2+ years working on OpenStack.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation: base, bonus, and RSU.
- Comprehensive benefits: medical, dental, vision, disability, 401K matching, the list goes on....
- Onsite restaurant, gym, fitness classes, and transportation shuttles.
- 4 weeks vacation, sick leave, paid time off for community volunteer work.
- Super hardware to code with.
- Professional development and the opportunity to work with industry leaders.
- You'll get the best of both worlds: a start up environment with the backing of a Fortune 1 company.
- Flexible work schedules.